Epilogue

Jin

Today was the 30th of December, Taehyung's birthday. Day that me and Namjoon visit the memorial. We have been doing that annually for eight years now, ever since Taehyung and Jungkook died. We also visit Jungkook at another memorial sometimes. 

There had been nothing left, the fire had consumed everything. Everything but the engagement rings. Me and Namjoon had placed the rings with their memorial plaques so that both had their own. It was a shame they couldn't be at the same place. Taehyung's was in his birthplace, Daegu, while Jungkook's was in Seoul where we all lived. 

"Happy birthday Taehyungie", I said, Namjoon holding my hand.

"Happy birthday", Namjoon wished too.

"I would say I've become Kim Seokjin now, but sadly my surname has always been Kim", I put telling about our marriage as a joke. 

For a while I imagined Taehyung looking at me like he couldn't believe what I said and saying that my jokes are as bad as ever. And then he would flash his bright boxy smile and say that it was about time we two got married. Then he would ask if we wanted to adopt kids and end up rambling about how much he loved children.

Before I could start crying, I noticed someone coming closer. It was a small boy, looking about seven years old. He stopped in front of Taehyung's plaque, staring at it intensely.

I crouched down to his level, wondering what he was doing alone at the memorial, and asked:

"What is your name, little one?"

The child didn't turn to look at me. He continued staring at a photo of Taehyung while answering. What he said sent shivers down my spine.

"Jungkook."

-----------❤----------

~The End~

-----------❤----------

A/N: fhjsjoskjkskas I was so excited for the epilogue but didn't -and still don't- know anything about how Koreans deal with this stuff (when someone passes away like that) so it might be very inaccurate. Anyway, thank you so much for reading! I have written this in a way that kinda requires you to re-read to get a better experience (check all the hints and foreshadowing) so if you liked this, please make sure to do that!

PS. Comment if you want a sequel! I have though about it quite a lot so I will most likely write it even if you don't want me to. I think it will be more satisfying than this and maybe I'll even give you a happy ending ;)

***