8. Caught in the spiderweb of past

TH

My ex-boyfriend had used drugs. He was high when I opened the door to his bathroom. I tried to stop him from taking more and he got angry. I'm not sure if he even recognized me, he was so far gone. I was probably some kind of villain in his eyes even though my intentions were to help him. He had promised me to get better when I had first found out about the drugs. Another empty promise. Like all of his promises. He was stronger than me even when on drugs. And he was unpredictable. He had filled the bathtub before and all he had to do was shove me in and keep my head under water. I never got to know why I survived. I would like to say it was destiny saving me so I could meet you.

***

JK

I found an address he supposedly lived in. It wasn't far from your apartment, for better or worse. It was scary to know he had lived so close but it was also good that I could get there fast. I knew you might not even be there but I had no other lead. I wasn't prepared to face him. I didn't know what I should do to save you. I just had to succeed. I didn't let the thought of me already being late surface. I kept hoping and believing in the dream. 

After having made my way at his apartment as quickly as possible and catching my breath, I rang the doorbell. Soon a tall black-haired man opened the door a little. He would have been handsome if he had taken better care of himself. He looked sleep-deprived and there was something really disturbing about his aura. It had to be him.

"And who the fuck are you?" he started. I pushed the door open all the way and forced my way in, not answering. 

"Taehyung! Are you there?!" I ran through the hallway while calling out to you. I heard a sound behind a door on my left. My hand was already on the door handle when he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around.

His eyes were cold. I swallowed in fear. But the anger in me was stronger.

"Let Taehyung go!" I shouted and tried to get away from his grip. I wasn't weak. But I was weaker than him. He was at least five years older than me and taller too.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Go now and don't come back and I won't hurt you", he threatened. 

"I'm not going anywhere without him!" I prayed you would open the door and run away. I didn't care if you left me behind. I just needed you to be safe.

He looked like he just realized something. I had a bad feeling about it. 

"You like him", he said, calm and stable.

"Yeah I fucking love him and he loves me too so back off!" I growled. He wasn't scared of me in the slightest. He had become oddly calm, he didn't even seem angry anymore. That was even more creepy.

"Let's see if you're right", he mumbled and opened the door behind me. 

I turned around to look into the room. You were there, sitting on a chair. You lifted your head up slowly. I can't forget your eyes. They looked empty, lifeless, cold. 

"Jungkook..."

***

TH

My memories of what happened are very hazy. I remember being numb, not feeling anything. I heard your voice and thought of it as an illusion. My mind was playing tricks with me, giving me false hope. That's what I told myself. Then the door opened. I saw you looking at me behind him. It still didn't feel real. Not until he shoved you inside the room and closed the door after coming in himself. The feeling of fear was far too real. It wasn't a dream. It was a real nightmare.

***