12. Shattered

TH

It was hazy. He came into the room, holding a glass bottle in his hands. He was angry and drunk. You were sleeping and to wake you up, he broke the almost empty bottle by throwing it to the wall in front of me. You did wake up at the sound. He yelled at us both but I can't even remember what he said. It didn't matter, the words meant nothing. Then he left the room. I stared at the broken glass and got an idea.

"I need your help Kookie."

"With what?" you asked with tired but curious tone.

"Moving the chair so I can reach the broken glass on the floor. I'll cut the ropes like in action movies and novels", I told my plan.

I managed to get close enough to reach the shards. It was somewhat easy to cut the ropes around my wrists. I cut my left wrist a little but it didn't hurt that much. I could open the other knots. 

"Is it working?" you asked carefully. I could also hear a little excitement mixed in.

"It is!" I answered while moving away from the chair. 

I was free. I sat up on my knees and moved around the chair to free you. Your face was covered in bruises and my stomach turned. I caressed your hair, kissed your nose and then untied you. When you were free from the ropes you immediately hugged me tight. Then we kissed. We didn't know when he'd be back so we had to hurry. We stood up, helping each other to walk to the door with shaking legs. Thankfully we weren't locked in so we got out into the hallway. It seemed longer than before. Walking to the front door took forever. We didn't say anything but we knew we were both panicking. We had no idea what he would do to us if he caught us trying to escape.

Somehow we got to the front door, then out of it, then few blocks away from the apartment. We collapsed. We hadn't eaten in what felt like a month even though it hadn't even been a week. 

"We made it, Tae", you said after catching your breath, "We're safe. We're both safe."

I was still crying when I woke up. 

***

JK

I woke up to the sound of crying. I swear it's the only sound that's worse than the silence.

"Tae? Why are you crying? Did something happen while I was asleep?"

"We escaped. I was able to save you. We both survived", your voice was breaking with each word.

"But it was a dream, Jungkook. It was only a dream. We're still here in this hell!" you shouted the last sentence and cried louder. I cursed whatever made you have that cruel dream.

Every moment we spent in that place, we grew weaker. The days ate away at our hearts. Even if we got the chance to get away, I wasn't sure if we would have the strength for it. No, don't think like that, you have to believe you're getting out. I was getting too tired to believe.

***

A/N: Shattered by Trading yesterday is one of my favourite songs, I'm such a hoe for sad stuff Istg :/ Also I bet you hate me for Tae's dream but I still decided to include it :')