five

Vivian's pov

It's been almost three weeks since I moved here and I haven't been on social media at all. I just thought it's probably what's best right now.

I was sitting on the couch in my living room, I don't even use the upstairs of my apartment but Alice said it would be nice for formal parties.

I was just staring out the window when Leon came downstairs. "We need to make this more you." He said as he sat across from me.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement. "Vinnie this is really basic and kinda toned down and you're not like that." He explained.

"Anything to get me out of here." I sighed as I got up. "Great! Then we're going to Target."

"Walmart?" I asked just trying to avoid anything connected to him. "Okay we can go to Walmart." He said suspiciously.

We called an Uber and headed to Walmart. As soon as we got in the store he was dragging me in all directions, but pretty quickly we ended up by a shelf full of neon and LED lights. "This is exactly what I need." I said as I grabbed a few packs of each.

"I'm not against this idea but how much do you think you need." He asked as he leaned on the cart. "A lot." I said dryly as I threw five more packs into the cart.

We walked around for a while and when he wasn't looking I slipped a bottle of vodka in the cart. He just danced around being the goofy 16year old that he is but I didn't even smile. I'm thankful that he's here, truly thankful but I just really wish Daniel was here instead.

We made it back to my apartment as the sun was setting. I went through Christmas like this. I tried my best to act cheerfully and happy but it just made me feel worse. I'm just so grateful that my family understands so well.

We got back and he insisted on carrying all the bags downstairs. "What are you doing?!" He yelled as I poured it all out on the ground.

"Hanging them up." I chuckled dryly. I took them out of the packages and randomly strung them up around the room.

"This is so vibey." Leon said in a girly voice. "Me and Axel are going to jingle ball to see Halsey if you wanted to come along, there are a bunch of artists that you'd like." He offered and I stared at him.

"Like Shawn Mendes, OH! and Cardi B." He said as he started to tape up lights. "You dumb bitch." I said as I threw a box of lights at him.

"What?!" He yelled as he turned around laughing. "Did you even read the whole jingle ball line up?" I asked as I went back to stringing up the lights.

"No." He said as he pulled out his phone and sat on the coffee table. "Shawn Mendes, Khalid, Cardi B, Camila Cabello....ohhhh I am really a dumb bitch."

I just sighed as I kept hanging up the lights. "We need music. Where's your phone?" He asked and I checked my pockets.

"I don't know.. maybe in my room somewhere." He went in there and came out a few minutes later.

"You're friends have been trying to get ahold of you." He sighed and handed me my phone. I didn't even look at it. I just threw it down on the couch and went back to stringing up the lights.

"I invited Axel over." He said as he turned around, just noticing I didn't pay attention to my phone. "Three days until New Years. One week till you start getting back in to doing shoots and it's not slowing down from there, if you want time you have it but you're just pushing them away. At least talk to Gabbie." He pleaded and I rolled my eyes.

"I can't." I mumbled and I heard Axel running down the stairs. "What're you guys doing?" He said as he looked confused at what we were doing. "Trying to make this feel less like hell for her." Leon said as finished hanging up another strand.

"Can I actually have a second?" I said and watched them both nod as I grabbed my phone and headed to my room. I shut my door behind me and sat on my bedroom as I looked out at the city.

I set my phone up on the windowsill and FaceTimed Gabbie. I honestly didn't expect her to pick up. It's like the middle of the night in LA, but she did.

"Vinnie?!" She said as she rubbed her eyes and I gave a small wave. "I'm sorry I've been so distant." I said right away and I heard something fall in the living room and Axel start laughing. "It's okay Vinn- What was that?" She chuckled and I faked a smile.

"Leon and Axel are redecorating my living room." I said and we kept talking. She told me about how Daniel went out with some whore and tmz got the pictures. I did my best to act like I didn't care but it tore me up that he had time to go out and fuck around this soon after everything.

I told her about Elsie bringing Axel over and how we're becoming like best friends again. I told her how I still don't feel like myself, isn't this supposed to be freeing, I've never had this bad of a feeling before.

After almost two hours we finally got off the phone. It was almost three in the morning and the boys were blasting music in the living room. It's sad how this time last month the boys meant Daniel and his friends, now it's only Leon and Axel.

A/N
I just wanted to use this song 😂 oopsie