Prologue

Journal of Big Five Gamma: Master Sophia Thomas.

Entry 1

I used to hate my life. I hated my body, my mind and my sense of self.  Years went by while my dissatisfaction with life only grew. For 20 years, I lived an ordinary life, wishing for something to change.  For something.....more.

      Until one day, it did. 

      Gone were the dull patterns, replaced by a whole other world. 

      A world of adventure and magic, pain and suffering, love and hate, betrayal, and friendship and above all.... supernatural. 

      My name is Sophia Thomas, and this is my story. Though, I must warn you...prepare for some 'furry' problems along the way. 

Both woman and creature circled each other, waiting for the other to make the first move.

      Comrades stood next to her. But the wolf remained her sole focus.

     Sophia stared at it with a mix of fury, shock, and bewilderment. How was this...creature...the same person she knew and adored all her life? 

     The way it glared at her, almost humanlike, was terrifying enough. Saliva foamed around the monster's bloody maw as it growled in her direction. Winds blew in blasts of strong currents from everywhere, leaving its fur rustling like the grass beneath her feet. It approached closer and closer, snarling. 

     She may have been dreaming, but the voice of the beast in front of her slithered into her mind. An invasion so perverse that it crept into every part of her brain, circling and digging so deep, that it was unclear where flesh met foe.  

     Ah, little Sophia. It's unfortunate you still think you can beat me. You and I both know you don't have the guts to do what's necessary. We are family, aren't we? 

     The doubts in Sophia's mind proved to be the distraction he needed. Before she could form a reply, the wolf lunged at her.