Chapter 8: Know Thy Enemy

The next morning, Adrian made his way down to the kitchen, where he found Violet making herself a cup of coffee. He kissed her softly in the small crook of her shoulder. "Morning."

      Violet glanced down. Her boyfriend was wearing nothing but his boxers. Her knees felt weak and she blushed. She put down the steaming mug and sighed in pleasure. "Morning."

      He hugged her waist and kissed her again, this time at her sensitive spot just below her left earlobe. He whispered into her ear. "You okay? Ready for today?"

      It took all her energy not to melt into a puddle of wild hormones. "I'm okay, I guess."

      "NO PDA IN THE KITCHEN, LOVEBIRDS!!" Sophia barged into the kitchen and grabbed a sandwich Violet had made for them on the countertop. 

      The Latina brunette was dressed for the occasion. A knapsack was slung over her shoulders, no doubt filled with food, books, flashlights, tissues and any other random things she could fit into her bag. She had on a pair of tights under a miniskirt. 

      Ashton insisted she didn't have to wear tights because the miniskirt was all she needed, but Sophia was adamant. Even now, it pained Violet. Sophia's weight didn't necessarily bother her, but it definitely was the reason for her low self-esteem.

       Half of her hair was hidden by a black beanie as protection from the cold. Under her denim jacket was a tank top of an animated Cyndi Lauper with a speech bubble 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!'. Her black knee-high boots fit the outfit perfectly.

      A corner of Adrian's mouth quirked up while Violet beamed in pleasure as she said, "As usual, you pull off an outfit that's a little too perfect for the situation. Quit making us look bad."

      Her accent became more distinct when she made a joke. "Aiyaya...Nonsense Violet! You are beautiful as you are, isn't she, Ad?"

      The usual Sophia tactic. Violet thought morosely. Ignore the compliment and change the topic.

        "Indeed she is." Adrian pulled his girlfriend even closer to him, not noticing Violet's fallen smile. 

         "Well, come on. It's time to go, Vi. Say goodbye to Lover Boy and get your ass out to the front yard ASAP!" And with that, Sophia sashayed out.

      Violet rolled her eyes in amusement and turned back to Adrian. "So....this is it."

      Adrian held her face in his hands and brought her closer for one last kiss, passionate and demanding, before letting her go. "Good luck."

Adrian thought watching his parents murdered in front of him was the scariest thing he'd ever gone through. It wasn't. 

      Fifteen years later, with wisdom and experience by his side, what he was about to do today was much more terrifying. Breaking into the home of an active werewolf hunter, with no knowledge of her or any potential partners who could be coming home any moment now. No signs of weaknesses or ways to defeat her. The thought of Violet and the others dying in the hands of this cruel monster kept flooding his mind. This was a true nightmare.

      Andrew was very careful to ensure he could reset the lock of the front door once he picked it. It was important that Ava Romano suspects nothing. The living room and kitchen were clear. Adrian and Logan found photo frames of Ava with what must be her parents, a middle-aged couple with the same features as her. There was even more than one plate set on the dining table."