Attack and Abortion

"Where are you going?" Tommy said whilst entering Victoria's bedroom.

"Out," she replied whilst putting her earrings in, not looking away from the mirror.

"Where?"

"I don't know just out," she sighed, he asked the same questions every time.

"With who?"

"Friends"

"Boy friends?"

"Boys and girls"

"Don't be too late back," he told her.

She finally looked away from her reflection to look at her brother stood in the doorway.

"I'll be back by 12," she said.

"11"

"No, 12"

"Fine, but any later and you'll be in trouble."

"I'm not a baby Tommy; I'm 19," she protested. "Have you got any money?"

He gave her a few coins and said, "don't spend it all on alcohol."

"Alright," she sighed, holding her hand out for the money.

"I mean it Victoria," he said with stern eye contact. "You're not to go any further than the canal."

"God sake Tommy do you want to come with me or something? I'm not a child!"

She pushed past him and went down the stairs. Grabbing her coat on the way out she opened the door and disappeared into the night.

* 10am the next day *

The family were sitting around the kitchen table, ready for a family meeting. Victoria wasn't there but Tommy proceeded anyway. Afterwords everyone left and only Tommy and Polly remained.

"Where's Victoria?" Tommy asked Polly who was smoking a cigarette.

"Upstairs in bed I suspect."

"Was she in late last night?"

"Mmm, I heard her come in about 4."

"But you haven't spoken to her yet?"

"No. What's with all the questions? I'm sure she's fine," Polly said calmly, "you know you are far too protective of her, how is she supposed to learn if you're always lecturing her?"

Ignoring what his aunt said Tommy went upstairs and knocked on Victoria's door. He entered and there she was; she was sitting on the edge of her bed looking into space.

"What time did you get in at eh?" Tommy asked her whilst sitting beside her.

"Uhh I don't know. Later than 12 though. Sorry."

Tommy pushed her hair off her face and turned her face to face his. She had a cut on her forehead, a bruise and a scratch.

"What happened Victoria? Who did this to you?"

"No one. It's nothing Tommy. I'm fine," she said, pushing him away.

"That's not nothing Victoria." He pushed her sleeves up and found more bruises. "Tell me the truth Victoria, what's happened to ya?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why."

"You'll be cross. I came home later than I said, I spent all the money, I drank to much and I went further than you said."