Being in Charge

It had been almost two years since Tommy died. Victoria sat at her desk, she was now in charge of Shelby Company Ltd. She was stressed about the workload, but this was everything she'd ever wanted. Finn was asking questions and telling her about recent events. He left and Victoria went back to her work.

She heard the door open again. "What is it now Finn?" she said, her eyes still looking at the page.

There was no reply, so she looked up. The last person she thought she'd see was stood there, Tommy Shelby. She couldn't believe her eyes and didn't know how to react. The two held eye contact until Tommy finally spoke.

"Hello Victoria," he said, coming closer and sitting on the chair in front of her.

"What the fuck Tommy. You're dead. Everyone thinks you're dead."

"I know, I lied and now here I am."

"What do you want? You can't be here."

"I wanted to see you," he said whilst lighting a cigarette.

"You need to go Tommy. Do you have any idea what you've done? It's been nearly two years. I've been grieving for you, as has everyone else."

"I'm sorry Victoria, but I had to lie."

"I don't know what to say."

"Aren't you happy?"

"Ye.. No!"

"How is everyone?" He asked.

"Things are a bit complicated. I haven't seen Arthur in months. He's depressed Tommy, he can't cope."

Tommy nodded understanding what she meant, "You're doing a good job here I see."

"I'm trying my best," she said sighing.

Tommy looked around for the inevitable, a drink. "No alcohol?"

"I stopped."

"A lot has changed then." He said sitting down.

"You can't stay Tommy," Victoria said, avoiding the subject of change, "people won't be pleased to see you. You left us all and I've had to be the one to pick up the pieces."

"I know I know, I've had people watching."

"Jesus Christ Tommy, this is crazy."

"What business are you doing?" He asked, looking at the piles of paperwork.

"I don't know, just usual stuff."

"I see you got the sign changed," Tommy says, takling about the sign above the door saying 'Victoria Shelby' rather than 'Thomas Shelby'.

"No point in keeping it, it's my company now."

"Is that so? Now that I'm back I can take over again."

"No," Victoria said firmly.

"No?"

"No. That's not fair Tommy, you left us, you left me. You can't just come back when it suits you."

"I'm sorry. I'm here now. I'd like to see everyone," he said bluntly.

"No, not yet."

"When then?"

"I'll tell you when. It's my family now," Victoria said sternly as she was the one who had to pick up the pieces after her brother 'died.'

*The next day*

Victoria sat in front of the mirror at her dressing table taking her makeup off. It had been a long day, being in charge of the business since Tommy's 'death' had been challenging. Removing her heavy concealer it revealed a black eye she had received a few days ago. The person that did that was no longer an issue thanks to Arthur.