Suicide

Tommy decided to go to Victoria's house since she didn't turn up earlier. He knew she was upset, but also knew she wouldn't want to talk about it. He knocked the door and a maid came to answer.

"Is Victoria here?" He asked steping into the foyer before it starts to rain.

"No, Miss Shelby left not long ago," the maid replied.

"Did she say where she was going?"

"She left quickly but I think she went toward the forest."

Tommy swiftly opened the door and walked quickly towards the forest.

*

"Victoria," she heard a familiar voice call out. She stopped in her tracks and put the gun to her head just as the figure came into sight.

"Victoria stop. Let's talk, put that down," Tommy tells her.

"Please just leave me alone," she says, starting to cry.

"No, come here to me, take my hand," he says holding it out.

"I can't do this anymore Tommy. The orders, the pain, the mistakes."

"I'll help you. Let's go home."

"Home. Where is home? That house isn't my home."

"Let's go back to Small Heath then."

Victoria's finger began to touch the trigger as the gun remained closely pushed against her head.

"Please, don't Victoria," Tommy said, desperately wanting her to put it down, "I'm sorry I haven't been there for you, that I've still been making you do things. I've put too much pressure on you."

"I just have to go. I want it all to go away ," Victoria begins to cry.

"It will, I'll make it better."

Victoria finally made eye contact with him. He was as frighted as she was.

Tommy inched closer and quickly grabbed the gun. The rain began to pour and they both fell to the ground, Victoria in Tommy's arms. Tommy held her tight as she cried.

__________________________
Sorry it's short, please message me or comment if you have any ideas. I'm back to school on Monday so updates may be slow as this is my last year of school (🤞) and I have a lot of studying to do. Thanks so much for 100 votes and over 6k reads.