Going Home

Victoria sat at the bar drinking whiskey. It was New Year's Eve and almost midnight, she had been sitting there all evening. The divide between her family was all she could think about. She desperately wanted to return home to Birmingham and she yearned to see her brothers again.

The clock struck midnight and chimed through the streets of London. Everyone began to shout and sing Auld Lang Syne. Victoria was numb to it all. She walked through the crowd with her whisky glass in hand as if she was invisible. Pushing the doors open she walked outside into the chill air. The snow outside gently fell to the wet ground. With the clock chiming in the background Victoria raised her glass to the sky where the moon shone brightly.

"Happy New Year brothers," she spoke as she finished off her whisky.

*

Back at home Arthur sat in the Garrison and drunkenly raised a glass, "John Boy," he spoke; acknowledging the brother he lost many years ago.

Tommy also raised a glass as he sat alone in his office.

*

Back in London Victoria looked around and saw empty streets with lights from pubs illuminating them all. The buzz of the city was the reason Victoria was here. She wanted a fun and happy life, and felt as if she would get this in London. But her heart still felt sad, seeing her brothers was what she wanted now.

Not looking back she walked straight ahead through the street. She was going home.

——————————————————

Hi everyone, I'm sorry this is so short. I know I'm really bad at updating this book. I actually wrote this ages ago and I think I was going to add more to it but I'm lacking inspiration at the moment. I have about 3 other chapters written for this but I'm not completely happy with them yet, I will try and get them up as soon as I can.
Thank you so much for almost 26k reads. Hope you're well, stay safe ❤️