Marriage and Murder

"You need to choose Victoria," Tommy said, "this isn't based on what man you want, this is about the company."

"I know that, but this is difficult," Victoria replied.

"This is going to secure a future. You have to choose between me and Shelby Company Limited or the Peaky Blinders legality."

"This is too much pressure Tommy. No matter who I choose my marriage is going to be built on lies. You have to tell me what to do."

"I can't do that, I know you'll make the right decision on your own."

"Fuck sake, I hate this," Victoria said angrily, "what happens if I don't do it?"

"That's not an option, you have to. You've already told both these men you are going to marry them now you have to decide who to call it off with."

"But if I don't choose anyone what will happen?"

"I don't know but probably bad things. There's too much at stake here for both sides, someones future lies in your hands Victoria."

*

The day came, Victoria was getting married. She still didn't know what to do. But here she was walking down the aisle of the church. The man she had picked was waiting on her. She choose the Irish man, the gang leader. This meant she was going to get information on him and his gang in order to help the Peaky Blinders. But he wasn't to know this. Some of her family watched on, no smiles, all of them were feeling very sad for her. They tried to talk her out of it, but she knew she didn't have a choice. Tommy had reeled her in too far, he was all she could hear.

*

It had been a matter of hours since the two were married. They were at home now, in Victoria's house. He had brought all his stuff (including his business paper work) with him.

"I better get back to work," he said getting out of the bed they were lying in together.

"I'll help you."

"Don't be silly. It's private business."

He kissed her on the head and stomped down the stairs, slamming the door behind him. Victoria felt sick as she watched him walk out the gate and into the street. She knew this was her opportunity. Quickly she got up and went into her office where all her new husband's work was sitting in boxes. She rapidly looked through the boxes full of paper and letters, she didn't know what she was trying to find but she would know it when she seen it.

Less than an hour later she heard the front door open and close. He was home. She quickly shoved everything away again, keeping out a letter she thought would be useful. She calmly went down the stairs and into the living room where he was sat smoking a cigarette.

"Hello," she spoke quickly as she sat on the armchair at the window. She slid the letter into the side of the seat. She was frightened. He was a bad man, Tommy was sometimes bad, but he did not compare. This man was a ruthless murderer. But she knew she had to keep the act up until she got what she wanted.

"What have you been up to then?" He asked her, turning his head to look at her and making eye contact.

"Not much, I was just about to go and see Tommy."

"What do you want with him?"

"He's my brother."

"Not anymore. You're mine, you don't go anywhere unless you're told to," he said scarily calmly as he remained in his chair.

"This is my house and my life, you're not in charge."

"Yeah? We'll see about that," he said standing up. He went towards her and towered over her, the cigarette still in his mouth and the smell of alcohol was powerful. "I don't know who you think you are Victoria, I don't know who you think I am. We're married now, I'm the man so I'm in charge. Is that clear to you?"

Victoria sat there in silence, her eyes locked on his. He took the cigarette from his mouth and stabbed it into Victoria's arm. She shrieked at the pain, he put his free hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. He eventually let go and Victoria gasped for breath.

"So do you understand now?" He asked her.

"Yes." She spoke plainly, she did not want to test him.

He began to unbuckle his trousers. Victoria knew what was coming, she squirmed to try and get away, but to no avail.

"Stop," she said, pleading with him.

"You've been a bad girl, don't think I don't know what you've been up to," he said grabbing the letter from beside her. He held it in the air Victoria tried to grab it but couldn't reach. He shoved it into his back pocked. He pressed Victoria's shoulders and whole body into the chair. With one free hand she managed to push him off. Quickly she ran to the front door. She fumbled with the lock but couldn't get it open. He came up behind her and grabbed her, putting a hand over her mouth.

"You're making things worse for yourself," he said angrily throwing her onto the living room rug.

She lay there underneath him trying to fight back. She reached out to the table and grabbed whatever she could and hit him over the head with it. BANG... she dropped the ornament and pushed his lifeless body off her. Crawling away to the corner of the room, she sat there cradling herself whilst sobbing. She gathered her thoughts and left the room, shutting the door behind her. She put her coat on and left. She didn't know what she was doing or where she was going. She could go to Polly who would console her or she could go to Tommy who would toughen her and help with the body.

She went to Tommy. Taking a deep breath she pushed the handle down on his study and walked in. As expected he was sitting there at his large desk. She stood in front of him and spoke timidly, "Tommy."

He looked up and matched her eyes. Her face was bloody and bruised. He could tell what had happened.

"I killed him Tommy," she spoke plainly.

———————————-
Do you want a part 2?