17.

Warning!

"Will you just shut it Malik? I already know how Styles taste like and it's not fucking attractive ok?" Louis cried eyes fixed on his phone making Zayn pout. He did not appreciate the rejection when it comes to such story telling.

Louis was truly delighted that after a long time they get to spend some quality time together and catch up with the gossip, yeah call it girly. But, his expectations were ruined when Zayn started to rant about his sex life.

Zayn looked over his drawing at Louis after taking a sip of his steaming coffee mug. "So how's it going with Liam?" he asked, giving some finishing touches to the piece. Louis tensed up. "Uh-fine I guess." his voice was quiet and distant. Zayn frowned, "Uh-Fine? You guys okay?" he asked carefully. "Nah...it's just that we had a row but it's nothing." Louis replied. Zayn smiled at his friend. "Alright then if you say so...but if he hurts you or something happens to you I swear I'll kick his ass." Zayn then added.

Louis rolled his eyes and laughed loudly, "Oh really pretty boy? With your husband being his best friend?" Louis said. "Wha-Course I will. And I-he's not my goddamn husband, drop that." Zayn huffed.

Louis laughed, not wanting to tease his best friend more, "Wanna smoke?" he asked after a moment, standing up.

"Hell yeah."

.........

The two best friends found themselves having yet another one of their smoking sessions. Both boys sat in comfortable silence in their balcony, eyes shut in bliss when Louis's phone rang. The brunette slowly opened his eyes and removed the cigarette from his lips, keeping the phone to his ear. "Yeah, sure I'd love that, Now!? Right now?! Alrighty, love ya too." Louis said and hung up.

Zayn smirked, "Ah, loves in the air Tomlinson."

"Shut up." Louis said while standing up and walking inside.

"Where are you going?" Zayn asked which was more a yell.

"Date! Date! Calm your ass down." Came as the reply.

Zayn huffed, suddenly feeling quite hollow and he knew exactly why. He was missing the jade-eyes. Oh those eyes. He recalled the past weeks, which were some of unforgettable days in his entire life. Those days and even these days, he was continuously over the moon and pondering over the him. And never in his wildest dreams had he thought that the man who handed him his Honors would be calling him "Darling". And at this point, he was sure it is more than an infatuation or a minor attraction.

Zayn's eyes were heavy and he was exhausted when Louis came and stood in front of him. "Zayn! I'm gonna go?" Louis said which more came out like a question seeing Zayn's state. A pair of hazel eyes looked up and smiled, "Ooh looking good man." he said, voice deeper and much raspier. "Is Liam the driver here yet?" he added playfully. " Wha-You did not just-" Louis started but was interrupted with a text to which he gave a glimpse and smiled. "You're so fucking dead pretty boy." Louis said and walked off. "Ooh, I'm scared." Zayn said in a squeaky, girlish voice which to he added an "Enjoy." and he heard the door slam shut.

Feeling unentertained after a few minutes he stopped destroying his lungs and gave his attention to the drawing, slowly falling into his happy place. 

But, he was suddenly broken from his trance by a persistent knock. He looked up from his art and chose to ignore it but as it did not seem to stop, he groaned and stood up.

He opened the door to be met with...Harry. An oddly casual Harry. He sported a plain white t-shirt and light washed denims, short curls in a mess and a lopsided grin on his face. And the whole picture succeeded to melt Zayn's heart straightaway.