20.

A Diamond is a chunk of coal, which did well under pressure.

Thank you very very much for waiting, exams almost strangled me this time. Since I'm back, there will be quite a few more updates. (Dramatic chapter with a lot of swearing ahead!)

The knock continued, becoming more exigent by the passing seconds and Zayn stood near the door, swearing at the apartment designer for not facilitating the door with a peephole. And he slowly opened it.

And there stood the person he least expected.

But before Zayn could handle a word, he felt himself being slammed against the nearest wall and Zayn screeched. The man fisted Zayn's sweater and inched his face closer to the younger lad.

"What the fuck did you to Harry?!"

"Wh-what?" Zayn said, puzzled. What happened to Harry? Is he all right?

On another day, Liam would be already aimed square in the jaw as soon as he grips Zayn's collar, as in other days implied, when his heart pulsated with love, veins oozed with adrenaline and his cheeks ached from grinning. Back when I was alive.

"Where. Is. Harry?" Liam's tightening hold brought Zayn back into reality, "Will-you just-just let me breathe?" Zayn hissed, struggling to writhe out of Liam's clasp. "And what the hell are you even talking about?" Zayn added.

He did await some harmful results and side effects of dating Harry Styles but certainly not at this degree. He was angry and distraught about the situation. At this point, he didn't know whether to delete all the things that ever happened with him or either run into his arms, forgiving him. And his solution to this? To sit and smoke his heart out until he couldn't feel anymore, to cram up his veins with the compelling toxin.

Liam examined Zayn. Hazel eyes held back unshed tears and betrayal, cheeks hollowed, letting his already sharp jawline to showoff much distinctly. But there are bigger matters than comfort hugging.

"Li-Liam I didn't even see him. And get the fuck off of me!" Zayn struggled again.

"What did you just-" Liam's wrist stiffened around Zayn's sweater neck, fingerprints digging onto his caramel skin. Zayn's eyes were wide, heart palpating against his rib cage and he tried his hardest to knee the man in the stomach. Zayn's shaky hands held the older man's wrist loosely, while he thrashed around wildly, trying to find a way to pin the man down.

"What on the bloody earth are you doing?" a voice shrieked. Aggravated and frantic. Footsteps loud and rapid. Liam sucked in a sharp breath and closed his eyes, grip releasing instantly.

That voice... that voice was the last thing he ever expected. Yet it was the thing he wanted the most.

The boy hastily pushed them aside and stood between them. Zayn slid against the wall, breathing roughly, holding onto his neck. His neck tingling in places where he was strangled moments ago.

Louis was quick to fall by his side, "Zayn! mate, you okay? Look at me will ya? My god!" Louis said trying to hold Zayn steadily by his shoulders while Zayn started coughing agonizingly. He suddenly gasped, "Bloody hell!" Zayn's neck was scattered with fingerprints, and Louis suppressed the burning urge to go to Liam and smack him. But he wouldn't, well... he couldn't.

Liam has now backed himself, eyes wide and terrified, and trembling hands covering his face. How could he? What has he become? What the hell is wrong with me? Louis must be scared- No no oh god! He isn't. Stop it. Stop it, please.

Louis abruptly stood up, facing Liam but Zayn faintly grabbed his arm, "He did nothing, and he doesn't-" the raven haired boy swallowed thickly, trying to catch his erratic breath. "-know anything". Zayn finished. Liam's head whipped towards the boy in the distance, Louis's dropped jaw, and bewildered eyes stared into Zayn soul. "O-oh! Now you are defending the man who just strangled you to death a few seconds ago! Wow! So now, I am the bad one and me saving you was the crime! You- You people are all INSANE! I mean- wh- what is wrong with you?" Louis raged, making Zayn wince and Liam to look down. Zayn has practically grown unaccustomed to Louis's infuriated tone. It alarmed Liam immensely. Louis stormed towards his lover with an intense look on his features.