Chapter Eight

Ava POV

After we dropped off Jason and Paige, Naya brought Michael, Liam, and I to our new home for the next few week's maybe even months. We were all nervous, what if they didn't want us there or maybe they will find out our secret. After about thirty minutes Naya came to an abrupt stop. We all got out of the car and I rang the doorbell. After a few seconds a couple opened the door and invited us inside. I walked in first and then Liam and Michael followed. Naya gave us all hugs and went back to her van.

The couple was the Tarver's and they had two other foster children. One's name was Donna and she was thirteen as well and Elliot was twelve. Michael didn't like being the youngest since he was used to living with a six year old. We had only brought the necessities and a few things to remind us of home. I had brought the comic book Lynn gave me and Liam brought his bow and arrow, which he wasn't allowed to use in front of anyone besides Michael and I. Michael brought his toy dinosaur and was already playing with it.

There was a long period of silence and finally Donna broke it.

"Are y'all related?" she said. We were taken aback by this question since usually the older two would explain.

"Liam and I are twins and we're not related to Michael." I told her

I saw Michael was stressed and whenever he was too stressed he might shapeshift. We couldn't expose ourselves after only being here for a few minutes. I asked if we could get something to eat despite just eating in the van a few minutes ago. Our metabolisms never slowed down.

"Yes of course, follow me we just made dinner" Mrs. Tarver said. We followed her into the dining room and sat down at the table. We immediately dug into the food and the Tarver's were surprised. I don't think we've ever realized how fast we eat and also how much we eat.

"How long have y'all known each other?" I heard Elliot ask from across the table.

"We've known Michael since we were two years old." I told him. I could see he was shocked since we weren't related. They asked us a few more questions and we answered as vaguely as possible. Then they let us ask them some questions.

"Do you have any siblings?" Liam asked both Donna and Elliot

"I have three other siblings, two sister and one brother" Elliot said

"I only have a half-sister" Donna said with a sad expression.

After a few more questions, I heard a phone ring. I was hoping it was either from Paige and Jason or maybe Lynn had found a way to contact us.

"It's for y'all" she said looking at Liam, Michael, and I. We weren't expecting a call but I grabbed the phone from her hand quickly. Everyone went into the other room and let us take the call alone.

"Are you kid's safe?" I heard a familiar voice say. It was Lynn. How did she know we were here?

"Yeah, we're safe. Are you safe? How did you know we were here?"

"Okay that's good. I'm safe, I'm at The Dome, Lizzie's here too. I asked to talk to you to make sure you were safe and I got two phone numbers. Where is Jason and Paige?" she said

"They're at a different house" Liam said

"Okay, just be careful. I'm going to call them right now. Goodbye." she said and then there was a long beep. She had hung up, Liam and Michael looked gloomy and went to their rooms.