Chapter Thirteen

Lynn POV

I woke up before my alarm clock. I didn't know why but something felt off. I checked the clock and it was only 5am.

"Ugh, I'm so exhausted. Why can't I sleep anymore?" I groaned and got out of bed.

I decided if I was up I could at least do something. I assumed it was the stress of being found and the letter. Something else felt wrong though. I went to check on all the kids and everything seemed normal enough. Jason was still snoring and Lizzie and Paige were cuddled up together, the normal.

It was already 5:30am when I was done checking everyone, so I started to make some breakfast. Cooking for seven kids, let alone kids with sped up metabolisms, was difficult enough. I made enough food to feed about twenty normal people.

I had to resist the urge to eat it all right now. I hadn't noticed how hungry I was until now. I've been training with my powers over time lately and it puts a lot of stress on my body.

I don't use it too often because if I lose control over it, the results would be catastrophic.

Everyone was up by 7am and they ate breakfast quickly. There were no leftovers of course. The last time we had leftover, was never. I don't even know why I hope one day we will, but no matter the amount of food, we will eat it all.

Jason and I usually eat the least, so the younger kids can get more food. We still get a good amount of food though.

Ava and Liam were once again fighting over food. They were arguing over who got the last piece of bacon. Naya had set us up with enough money for a couple months this time. It didn't last that long with how much food I get.

"You've already had fifteen pieces of bacon! I've only had eleven" I heard Ava screaming

I let out a long sigh. I ran into the kitchen and just broke the bacon into two pieces. They were both satisfied with the compromise. Ava and Liam fought over everything it might have been because they're twins but none of the family knows.

It was too early in the morning for arguing. I fell onto the couch and tried to take a quick nap, which didn't work out of course.

I heard crying from upstairs and I went to see what was going on. I saw Lizzie crying on her bed. I rushed over to her to make sure she was okay. Nothing seemed physically wrong with her so I just held her until her crying stopped.

"What's wrong Lizzie?" I asked.

"I had a nightmare" she said trying not to start sobbing again.

"Well it's not real. You're safe now" I said while still hugging her.

We sat there for a few minutes and I called Paige upstairs then. She hugged Lizzie and didn't let go until I called a meeting for everyone.

"I know we've been practicing our power. We need to make sure we know how to effectively use them" I said

"I've mastered my powers mostly. I just need help shape-shifting some" Michael said

"Okay, later today I'll try and help you with that" I said

"I can teleport even longer distances now and even places I've already been." Ava said

"That's great Ava" I said

Everyone continued to tell us about the progression of their powers. All of them had improved substantially and I was impressed.

Even though some days, when nobody wanted to train they still did and pushed through their sleepiness.

I knew that whenever The Dome would attack, we would be ready for whatever they through at us.

I was still training with my time control. I found out that the reason I run fast, is that I speed up the time around me for the time being. I cannot freeze time for too long or I pass out. I can't go back in time years or even months unfortunately, but it's probably for the best. I can reverse time for a few minutes at a time and it's the same with speeding up time but I can do it much longer.

This power is powerful when used correctly but it also causes a lot of strain on me. I can't use it for ordinary tasks or I would be exhausted all the time. Some of the kids can move slightly when I try to freeze them but Jason can't be affected by it. It makes freezing time less stressful when I know I'll have at least one person to fully help me.

I everyone's powers working efficiently would decide our fate in this upcoming war between us and The Dome.