Chapter Eleven

Liam POV

We were at The Dome. Ever since we escaped I had nightmares about this place. I lived here for seven years and they were the worst of my life.

They always did experiments to see what powers we might have and not know about. They pushed us beyond our limits just to get data about us.

When I was little, my powers freaked me out. The first time I turned invisible nobody knew where I was and I didn't know what had happened. I was stuck invisible for two days until they finally figured out how to make me visible again.

I knew Lizzie was in there and she was my little sister and we had to get here back with her family. I took a deep breath and stared at the building. It was at least one-hundred feet tall and had only one window on the top floor.

I tried to get rid of my nerves and began to turn Lynn and me invisible. We snuck past a few guards and we would've been caught if Lynn wasn't good at keeping me calm.

I was extremely nervous but I fought it and we eventually made it inside the building. It was supposed to be a recon mission, but we found out that they were trying to get Lizzie on their side so we had to act quickly.

I thought it would have been much more difficult to find Lizzie but she was right at the door and staring right at us.

I got scared because if she was on their side, and she seemed to be able to see us, she might tell the Fikals we were here.

I didn't know how she could see us and maybes she couldn't and I was just being paranoid but I had a bad feeling about this.

Lynn seemed to notice her as well and tried to get her attention. She seemed like she was in a trance and not herself.

Lizzie was the sweetest kid ever and it sometimes led to her own downfall. Lynn snuck us right next to her and she wasn't staring at us anymore.

"Hey Lizzie, let's go Paige is waiting outside for you" Lynn whispered.

She seemed to get out of her trance and a wicked smile spread across her face. She turned on us and called the guards and gave us up to them.

She mouthed the words "I'm sorry" and it got me wondering. Maybe she had a plan or she was tricking us even more. The guards didn't seem to see us and were confused. She told them we were invisible and my last piece of hope was crushed as the guards hauled us to a room.

It was dampening our powers and Lynn only had a little of her speed. Their dampeners only nullified our known powers because they needed an example to base it off of.

My invisibility shut down and we were visible again. Lynn was walking around the room in deep thought and hopefully she came up with a plan soon or we were done for. A few minutes later her parents walked through the door. Lynn seemed to not be nervous at all. I was sitting against the wall from the exhaustion of keeping us invisible for so long.

I only heard a few of the things they said before they walked over to me and Lynn started freaking out.

"No he didn't do anything wrong leave him alone" she screamed

Her parents didn't seem fazed and came over and looked down at me.

"You had so much potential but know you're nothing but an annoyance" said Lynn's mother and she pulled out a gun.

She aimed it at me and I heard a loud bang. Then nothing.