Chapter Ten

The Wakandan carriers hover across the ground. Bruce runs along behind in his Hulkbuster suit, Sam and Rhodey fly overhead in their suits while Bucky, Steve and Natasha ride in the carriers.

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asks as Bruce jogs in pace with the carriers.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually--" He trips over a rock and a carrier goes by, from which Okoye gives him a dubious look. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." Rhodey says as Proxima Midnight and Cull Obsidian appear.

The carrier pilots swerve into U-turns, causing their craft to tilt and allowing the practiced soldiers to slide over one side into a run, never coming to a complete halt. A Dora Milaje shout a command nearby as the last Wakandans join ranks. The Jabari warriors chant as their leader, M'Baku, approaches T'Challa.

"Thank you for standing with us."

"Of course, brother." T'Challa, Steve and Natasha head down to the end of the barrier, where the two villains are waiting. Midnight tests the strength of the barrier by dragging her sword across it.

"Where's your other friend?"

"You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone."

"That's not gonna happen."

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood."

"We... have blood to spare." She brandishes her sword with a snarl, and the ships behind her start raising their outer hulls to allow their passengers to disembark. 

"Did they surrender?" Bucky asks sarcastically as the three heroes return to the group.

"Not exactly." 

Proxima Midnight drops her arm down in the signal to attack as the Wakandan troops start chanting again.

"What the hell."

"Looks like we pissed her off."

"They're killing themselves." Okoye says.

As a few Outriders managed to squeeze through intact, the Border Tribe take a knee and raise their shields. The Kingsguard behind them level their sonic spears over their comrades' shoulders and, on Black Panther's command, fire at the approaching monsters. 

"You seen the teeth on those things?" Sam asks as he swoops down and sends Redwing in to the fight

"Alright, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed." Rhodey flies over the heaviest concentration of Outriders and drops a barrage of mines, all exploding fantastically. Everyone notices a pack of Outriders starting to run around the force-field to the right of the defenders' position.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between them and Vision."

"Them we better keep 'em in front of us."

"How do we do that?"

"We open the barrier." He puts his comm to his mouth, "On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen."

"Requesting confirmation, my King. You said open the barrier?"

"On my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda."

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history." Steve readies one of his Vibranium shields as T'Challa walks forwards.

"WAKANDA FOREVER!" He crosses his arms in the Wakandan salute, closes his Black Panther helmet and charges for the barrier. The heroes and leaders are at the fore of the charge. Halfway to the barrier, the Black Panther shouts into his comm, "Now!"