Chapter Twelve

My eyes slowly flicker open and I look around, confused. I'm in Wakanda, but where is everyone? Where's Steve, Natasha, Vision and the rest of the team? I hear shouting and run towards the voices. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" Sam shouts from inside the Wakandan forests. I reach the shouting and realise only half of the team are there. A yellow portal appears in front of us and we step back. A man emerges from the portal and walks forwards. "Who the hell is that?"

"I don't know." I reply, stepping backwards again.

"My name is Doctor Stephen Strange, and the Avengers need our help." 

"And how can we trust you?" Bucky asks. A masked person swings out from the portal and lands besides

"It's that Spider kid from Germany..." Sam replies, disgusted. "He was with Stark..."

---

"Cap, you hear me?" Steve stops and looks around. "Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?" A yellow portal begins to form behind him. "On your left."

Steve looks behind to see the portal on his left side. Three figures step through and  Okoye, Shuri, and Black Panther, fully restored and ready to fight. Steve and the revived Wakandans share a look when Sam flies in from above in his Falcon suit. As he does, dozens more portals opening up all around the battlefield. Through one of these, we see Doctor Strange descend in. He is joined by Drax, Mantis, Star Lord, and Spider-Man. Everyone watches in confusion and awe as more and more heroes arrive from all corners of the universe, all backed up with forces of their own including Black Panther and his Wakandan army, Valkyrie and the Asgardians, Wong and the Masters of the Mystic Arts and several Ravager ships. Amongst the throngs of heroes, Bucky, Groot, Wanda, Hope van Dyne, and Pepper Potts (in her own "Rescue" iron suit) arrive.

"Is that everyone?"

"What, you wanted more?"

Giant-Man emerges from the rubble of the Avengers facility with Bruce, Rhodey, and Rocket. The Avengers, Guardians, Wakandans, Asgardians, and Ravagers take up battle positions. The heroes standing across Thanos' forces.

"AVENGERS!" Steve summons Mjolnir, "......assemble." The heroes charge towards Thanos, who commands his army to charge as well. Pepper and Tony spin back-to-back, firing at everything in their paths. Steve and Thor fight side by side, swapping Mjolnir and Stormbreaker between them.

"No, give me that. You have the little one." Steve catches Mjolnir and runs off.

Later, Tony Stark is fighting some of Thanos' army. Cull Obsidian punches him to the ground, so Peter quickly pulls Obsidian backwards then Giant-Man kicks him away and Peter Parker runs to Tony.

"Hey! Holy cow. You will not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? I must've passed out, 'cause I woke up, and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right? He was like, "It's been five years. Come on, they need us!" And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time... What are you doing?" Tony and Peter share a hug.

"Huh...This is nice."

"Gamora?" Peter slowly approaches Gamora, confused. "I thought I lost you." Peter touches Gamora's hair, not knowing she isn't present Gamora. In response, Gamora grabs Peter's hand firmly off her hair. "Ow..."

She kicks Peter, slightly hurting him, "Don't...you touch..." She kicks him again, this time harder, "...me!" Peter falls from the pain, while Gamora wipes her face.

"You missed the first time... Then you got them both the second time."

"This is the one? Seriously?"