behind the scenes

I'm working on the next chapter at the moment and I decided to share some of the stuff I do while working on this story! Don't worry, there won't be any massive spoilers, I'll just be showing you Mumbos hero design and how I came up with the redstone shield.

Ok, let's start with the most interesting part!

The first sketch I made of Mumbo for this AU!

Ok, so, my thought process was a bit like this:

What is Mumbos goal? - protect Grian

What specialtys does he have? - redstone

How does redstone work? - I don't know, I'll have to make stuff up

What could he use to protect Grian? - maybe a shield

How do I combined a shield and redstone? - Redstone-Magic???

Good enough.

So then I continued to work on the design, I knew I had to hide his moustache, since that thing would give away his identity INSTANTLY. The first thing that came to mind was a mask, but I didn't want to make him a copy of Grian, so I went with a face mask that only covers half of his face.

Designing the rest of the design was a big trial and error thing, but I came up with something that could be worn for combat, but was still Mumbos style... it was alot more complicated than it sounds, even if the design itself is rather simple.

But over all, I think it turned out pretty ok. What do you think?

((Ok, but like, what does Mumbos hair look like??? How does one draw it??? Please tell me!))

I also tried drawing regular Mumbo, emphasis on tried.

~~♡~~

That is all for now. Did you like it? Should I do more of this as the story continues? Tell me!

Bye, bye for now, my little bees~

((Totaly just calling you guys that because of the new bees that got added to Minecraft with the new snapshot, they are adorable!))