Chapter 7

Grian's POV

I truly hope that Mumbo will listen to what I told him. My words may have been harsh, but I needed to get my point across!

It would be way to dangerous for him to run around all night with me, fighting monsters and what not. Ofcours I would try to protect him, but I can barely protect myself with what's been going on lately.

What has been going on lately?

The hostile mobs seem to have gotten more organized. They attack in large groups. They sneak up from behind, while their victims are distracted by other monsters.

I tried staying in the air, but that didn't do much, as the only mob that couldn't reach me in the air were the zombies and spiders. The skeletons and witches seem to have gotten better at using their long-range attacks. I would say theri aim is impressive, if it wasn't such a big threat to my life and that of the other hermits.

More and more mobs started to wear armor, which meant they didn't burn when the sun started to rise. I had to stay up well past sunrise to make sure there weren't any more hostile mobs around to threaten the safety of the other hermits.

The sun started to set and another night began for poultry-man.

I put on my mask and my big hoodie with the holes in the back for my wings. I made sure I had everything I needed, my sword, my bow, my triedent, eggs, my tools and some blocks to repair the damage created by the explosions of creepers.

I spread my wings and jump of the ground, right into the night sky with all it's brightly shimmering starts wishing me good luck.

Mumbo's POV

Tonight is the night. I will help Grian, if he wants it or not.

I make sure that all my equipment is secured and ready to go. I had a brilliant idea earlier, I created a sword out of compressed Redstone, it basicly works like a Redstone torch but it can also be used for attacking. With it I'll be able to activate my shields without needing to be close to a Redstone contraption.

I pulled up my face mask to cover my moustache and took of with my elytra, well after a couple of tries I did anyways.

I flew into the direction of Grian's base, but I could already see him fly towards the shopping district, so I followed.

I decided to land a bit further away from him where he couldn't see me. I didn't want to upset him by being here, but If I wait for the right time I might be able to prove to him that I could keep him safe!

So I waited and quietly followed the winged hero.

No POV

The blond hermit had an odd felling, almost like he was being watched. At first he shrugged it off as it just being a curious mob, but he kept his guard up just in case.

With his sword held tight in his hand, Grian walked through the shopping district and looked to see if any of the hermits are still around.

It didn't seem like anybody was around, until there was a loud scream. It came from the direction of...

SAHARA!

The winged man quickly flew of and into the direction of the big modern looking shop. Not to far behind him was the Redstone master, Mumbo, following quickly but still making sure to not be seen.

Upon their arrival they saw a terrified Iskall. While normally he would be fine with fighting a few mobs, today that just wasn't the case.

He had been working on the Redstone for Sahara all day and even the previous night. Grian new this, he had seen him inside the building while he was patrolling yesterday.

Why would the hermit leave the storage building in the middle of the night? He knew it wasn't safe outside.

Well it also wasn't safe on the inside. Creepers had blown up pieces of the walls and created entrances for the other mobs.

They had gotten inside and surprised the tierd hermit. He had put up a fight, that was clear by the drops of the dead mobs still lying by the huge redstone contraption. But he was just to exhausted to keep it up, so his next best chance was to run and hope that that feathers hero he had been hearing about would hear his call for help.

And he did.

Grian quickly picked up Iskall, startling him a bit, and carried him to safety. Coming back a couple of moments later to get rid of the monsters that were infesting Sahara.

To his surprise, someone was already doing that.

A tall, dark haired man with a red glowing sword and a matching shield hovering by his side, was taking out one mob after the other, blocking their attacks easily.

Grian was confused to say the least, but quickly joined in, to get rid of these monsters as quickly as possible.

After alot of fighting and even more scratches on the two men, it was done. The last mob had been removed from the huge store.

Now to find out who the mystery man with the red face mask was.

Grian turned around and looked at the other man with a mix of confusion and curiosity on his face. While the man did seem familiar, he couldn't place his finger on who it was. The fact that it was still incredibly dark didn't help much either.

The taller man let out a quiet chuckle befor reaching into his inventory to retrieve a pink potion, a healing potion. He reached out to the winged hero infront of him and placed the potion in said hero's hands.

Grian titled his head, he had only received a few scratches, which was a surprise seeing as how badly he had been wounded that past couple of nights.

The other let out another chuckle befor speaking: "I told you I could protect you..."

Grian was once again confused but quickly caught on to what was happening. "Mumbo?!"

"In the flesh! So, what do you think of my new little toys?", Mumbo asked while showing of his sword and shield one more time.

"You're insane..."

"huh?", he didn't expect an answer like that and now it was Mumbos turn to be confused.

"You're insane for actualy doing this, even tho I told you how dangerous it is. You could have gotten hurt!...

But I guess you proved me wrong, I mean look at you! You barely even have a scratch on you!"

A smile placed itself on the taller man's face, not like G could see it tho.

They spent the rest of the night together, fighting of mobs and keeping the shopping district and each other safe.

Grian would definitely ask about Mumbos newest invention, but for now the sun was rising and they decided it was time to rest.

Of in the distance someone had noticed the new turn of events,
"This will make things more difficult, but it is still far from impossible to achieve my goal."

--♧--

1203 words

finaly, chapter 7 is done!

Sorry if anything is a bit winky or difficult to understand, I have a cold so my brain is a bit mushy. :V

I hope this was still good enough

Bye, bye for now my little bees~