Chapter 12

Grian and Mumbo were standing infront of a very confused and still sligthly dazed Xisuma.

They had to explain what was going on, even if they didn't really want to.

Grian explained his history with the watchers; everything from evo, to him getting his powers, to him finally escaping that loving nightmare.

Meawhile, Mumbo was standing besides Grian, comforting him throughout the entire story.

"I- I understand if you think it's to dangerous to keep me around, especially after what just happened...", Grian said, looking at the ground with saddened eyes.

He was terrified of having to leave; he didn't want to lose all of his friends, not again.

X looked thoughtful as he weighed his options. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he looked at the two 'heroes', his facial expression was emotionless as he spoke: "This is a decision I can't makeon my own, we will have a vote with the other hermits. BUT, we won't tell them who this is about, they are supposed to based on the safety of the server, not based on how much they like you." His expression didn't change once as he looked at Grian.

"o-okay", was the only thing that manged to make its way out of Grians mouth.

Without waiting even a seconed longer, X equipped his elytra and flew of, informing the hermits of the meeting and the vote that was going to take place.

Grian could only stand and stare as Xisuma turned into nothing more but a speck in the sky. His body began to tremble slightly as a tear escaped his eye.

Mumbo looked at Grians shaking form and put a hand on the shorter hermits shoulder. "Grian, no matter what happens, I'll stay by your side and protect you.", Mumbo said with a soft smile on his lips, which were hidden by his mask.

Grian spun around and hugged Mumbo, a quiet sob escaping his lips as he clung to his friend like his life depended on it.

While Xisuma was still gathering the hermits for the meeting, Grian and Mumbo got changed into their regular outfits as quickly as possible, though Mumbo, being the spoon that he is, forgot to take of his arm braces, when he finally noticed he decided to just hide them underneath his suit.

Finally, the hermits were gathered for the meeting.

Xisuma began to explain:
"One of us has lied to us, by keeping a secret that might put everyone on this server in danger. They have ties to the Watchers, a group of strong magic useres that claim themselves to be gods. This hermit was one of them, but disobeyed and ran away.
Now, the Watchers are looking for them. And they found them, here on this server. The server isn't safe as long as this hermit is with us. The watchers won't stop until they have him, even if that means destroying the server."

Mumbles and whispers filled the air as the hermits talked to one another, scared of what these self proclaimed gods could do to them.

Grian on the other hand was just scared in general, the fear of having to leave making his body feel cold.

Mumbo held Grian close, hugging him  and reassuring him that everything will be fine.

After giving the hermits some time to think and discuss the issue, Xisuma pulled their attention back to himself.

"Now we have to decide if we want this hermit to stay, all of you will get a chance to vote."

And with that, Xisuma started to count the votes of the hermits, noting down every vote with a little line on a piece of paper.

The vote was on a draw and only one more hermit, Iskall, had to share his opinion.

But before he could do so, a sudden noise could be heared. It sounded like a nether portle had been opened up, a very BIG nether portal.

The hermits turned around to see a giant Portal in the air, the silhouette of a winnged figure floating infront of it. A dark sinister laughter filled the air as more and more of these winged figures came from the portal.

The watchers had invaded...

-

-

uuuugh, this is terrible, but I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer.... 

Please forgive me ;-;

bye, bye my little bees~