Chapter 8

"Sooooo how exactly does it work???", Grian was at Mumbos base looking at the blueprints Mumbo had made while working on the forcefield generators on his arms.

"Well...", Mumbo started to use ALOT of Redstone terms, way to many for Grian (or the author) to understand anything he was saying.

Once Mumbo was done he looked back up from the blueprints and at Grian, who had his head tilted to the side and confusion written all over his face.

"Do you need me to explain again?"

"No, no, no, no-", Grian shook his head quickly, already having a headache from the first explanation. "How about I just ask you some questions and you answer them without using any fancy Redstone terms."

"I suppose I could do that.", Mumbo straightened his back and turned a bit more towards Grian.

"Ok, first question. How do you turn them on?"

"They just need a Redstone signal, it's enough if I'm just close to a big Redstone contraption. But I made that Redstone sword to act kind of like a Redstone torch."

"Second question. How do you control the shields?"

Mumbo thought for a moment, resting his head on his hand.

He was not sure how he did it, if he thinks about it, he is not quite sure why it even works the way it does.

"I'm not sure, I kind of just concentrate on the Redstone in the braces and turn the shield into whatever form I want."

"Pff- wow that almost sounds like there is some real Redstone magic going on there-" Gri chuckled for a moment befor he went completely silent, a mix of shock and realization in his eyes.

"Uhm, Mumbo, DO you have any magic?", he carefully looked at the taller male, who looked back at him with some confusion.

"No. My grandfather used to have some tho, he could control Redstone with it. It's kind of why I'm so obsessed with it now."

Grian just gave Mumbo a 'are you serious' look befor letting a sigh escape his lips. "You do know that magic can be inherited, right?"

"Well, yes, but my Dad didn't have any so why should I-"

Grian interrupted Mumbo mid sentence, "Mumbo, magic can skip a generation and if it does, it's weaker than the original version of it."

Mumbo looked at Grian dumbfounded. "But why would it only show now and not while I was working with Redstone for, I don't know, the rest of my life?!" He seemed to be freaking out a bit as he was talking, the information settling in his mind properly.

"Maybe those things you built help you use it. I did say that it would be weaker than your grandfather's." Grian seemed pretty calm about all of this, but to be fair he was used to all kinds of magic from his past.

"I guess that could be correct, I honestly don't know, I don't know alot about magic and stuff..."

"For someone who didn't even know they had magic, you got the hang of it very quickly! It took me ages to figure out mine.", Grian had a goofy smile on his face as he said that.

"WAIT, YOU HAVE MAGIC??!"

...

"Are you being serious right now, Mumbo?"

"Well, yes, you never told me you had any!", Mumbos voice was still filled with shock, less than his first yelling attack, but still.

"Oh, I dunno, I thought the wings and the glowing eyes were a big enough give away." Grian rolled his eyes and spread out his arms like wings befor letting them drop back to their previous position.

"Oh..."

"You really are a spoon...", Grian shook his head slightly and chuckled a bit. The chuckling soon turning into full on giggles.

"I suppose you're right, Gri.", Mumbo joined in on Grians giggling fit. The two Architechs soon laying on the floor laughing at everything and nothing at the same time.

It was nice to take a small break and spend some quality time together.

--♡--

671 words

sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter, but it needed to exist in order to explain Mumbos abilitys a bit more.

Bye, bye for now my little bees~