Maybe... - Poem

Maybe I'm tired of being the only one who will stand up for what they think is right.

Maybe I don't want to be the one who is picked on anymore, simply because I don't get along with the opposite gender.

Maybe I'm tired of you and your nonsense.

Maybe I don't know what we mean to each other anymore.

Maybe I was having a rough day.

Maybe there is something that I have to say, but your feelings keep me from saying it.

Maybe I'm tired of being the one you look down on.

Maybe I want someone to have a special relationship with.

Maybe I'm tired of being judged.

Maybe I want someone else to lean on, someone not blood related.

Maybe that person likes me back, but I my fear of getting hurt keeps me from asking.

Maybe I'm tired of not knowing, and being shunned because I don't hide my true self.

Maybe I don't want to be the one always mad.

Maybe I want to be the one who is held for once.

Maybe I don't want to be the one with the protective parents.

Maybe I cry at night, when no one else is around.

Maybe I just want away from it all.

Maybe there is someone out there who loves me for who I am.

Maybe I have more important people in my life than you.

Maybe I don't need you anymore.

Maybe I just want to be me.

Did you ever think about that, when you said and did those things to me?

____________________________________________________________________________

I thought about this poem tonight, while I was outside doing chores. Most of these things were running through my head. Right now, I just have a lot on my mind.

The whole point of this was, there are times, when you don't know just how hard someone's life is. Maybe its the person you passed in the hall today on your way to class, or perhaps a friend you haven't talked to in a while. Instead of hiding what you think, instead of talking behind someone's back, just say "Hey," and don't judge, it'll probably make someone's day.