Chapter 2

Raven opened her eyes, groaning in pain. Her back was on fire, as well as the backs of her legs. What happened?

Then her memories came rushing back to her. After slamming the door on Beast Boy, she had felt this unbridled anger. It was consuming and all she could really feel was her magic. But this time it was darker, like Trigon's--no friendship, or love. It scared her.

Her magic had lifted her into the air, throwing her against her bed. She'd fallen on her floor just as her bed had fallen into her window, smashing it. The glass spilled around her as she fell unconscious.

Raven sat up, looking around her. From her observations, she was in Beast Boy's room--messy, green and purple, etc. She looked on the floor, finding him sleeping. A small smile and a blush found their way on her face. He must have come in to save her, hearing the noise with his extra sensitive ears.

"Rae," he sighed, rolling over. Her eyes widened. He was dreaming of her? That was flattering.

"Please be okay," he spoke. Something grew in her chest... Happiness?

Her magic lifted a shirt off of Beast Boy's floor and flew into his face. Raven gasped--she had to leave before he woke. She made a portal immediately and flew into it, transporting herself to her destroyed room.

______________________________

Beast Boy's eyes flew open. What the fuck? A shirt?

He gasped. "Raven!" he shouted. He stood and she wasn't on the bed anymore. He ran to her room, bursting through the door. He let out a sigh of relief as he saw her repairing her bed. "Raven, thank God."

She turned around with a neutral expression. "Yes?" she asked in a monotone. "What is it, BB? Why are you in my room?"

"Are you okay? I heard what happened last night."

Her expression grew evasive. "I'm fine," she said quietly.

"Then how did this happen?" He gestured to her room.

Raven sighed. She rubbed her arm, inspecting the mess. "My magic," she finally said, looking him in the eye grimly. "It isn't in control."

His eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "What? How?"

"I don't want to talk about it," she said, turning away. He just barely caught a glimpse of a blush on her face. He became even more confused. Why would she blush? What was there to blush about?

"Uh..." He looked around. "Do you want some help?" he asked.

Raven turned with a tiny smile. "Sure," she agreed, back to monotone.