Chapter 7

Raven felt consumed with Beast Boy. He was sweet, respectful, honest, and he wasn't afraid.

Maybe that's what made her love him.

She stared into his green eyes, shuddering with pleasure as she recognized lust. She was fully aware how close she was to him, and how her towel didn't cover her backside. The towel was the only thing that kept her from being fully revealed to him.

As she noticed this, a blush started from her chest and trailed up to her cheeks. He just smiled softly. "It's okay," he said. "You don't have to be embarrassed, Rae."

That didn't make her blush go away. She looked at him gratefully, though, extremely pleased he understood. Distantly, she wondered why her magic wasn't acting up. She pushed the thought away. She just wanted to enjoy her time with him.

___________________________

Beast Boy lay on his bed, blissed out. Raven had kicked him out so she could dress, but he didn't mind. He was finally with her; she was his.

There was a knock on his door and he stood to answer it. It was Cy. "Hey, dude. What's up?" Beastie greeted, leaning on the door frame.

"Is Raven better?" Cyborg asked intensely, peering into his room.

Raising an eyebrow, he stepped out and closed his door behind him. "She's fine. Why are you looking in my room for her?"

Cy shrugged, looking to the side nonchalantly. "I dunno," he answered.

BB rolled his eyes. "She's in her room, Cy."

"I'm not anymore," someone said. Even without turning, he knew it was his Raven.

Beast Boy grinned at her. "Hey, Rae," he greeted, coming to stand by her side. She was wearing something different for her--a fitted long-sleeved white tee and black sweat pants.

Raven's face was made of stone. "Something's wrong," she said, in a strangely urgent voice. Usually she was emotionless.

"What is it?" Cyborg asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

"It's my magic. It won't work."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What do you mean, 'It won't work'?" Robin asked.

"It won't work," Raven repeated. "I've tried. It's like it just...disappeared."

"Friend Raven!" Starfire exclaimed. "The diamond on your forehead! It is missing!"

Beast Boy glanced to Raven's face. It was definitely gone, but something else was nagging at him as she felt for the diamond. What was it...?

Robin seemed conflicted. "I don't know what to tell you." he said. "Is there any way you can get it back?"

"Don't you think I would have already tried that by now?" Rae exasperatedly sighed. "No, I can't get it back."

"How do you feel right now?" Cyborg asked. "Any different?"

Raven rubbed her temples. "Just a lot of emotion. I haven't been able to meditate."

"Why don't you meditate now?" Beast Boy suggested.

Raven shook her head before he even finished his sentence. "I need my magic to meditate," she replied.

"Why?"

"Because when I meditate, my magic is supposed calm down, so I have to have it with me to calm."

Star sighed and sank on the couch next to Robin and Cyborg. "What will you do?" she asked her.

Raven shook her head. "I don't know. And there's something else missing. I just don't know what..."

That's when it clicked. "Rae!"