Chapter 14

"Beast Boy?" she breathed in horror.

"Help me, Rae," he whispered.

Behind BB was the Demon of Sins, its arm around his neck. He was smirking, but was obviously tired. He had somehow stopped the bleeding in his arm and leg.

"Raven," it seethed. "What will you do now?"

"What have you done?" Raven asked, her heart pounding. The wind picked up and blew her cape in the direction of Beast Boy and the Demon of Sins. "How did you get here? What are you doing?!"

"I have stripped your Beast Boy of his powers. He is defenseless now." The Demon of Sins chuckled menacingly. "If you do not give up your own powers in return and hand them over to me, he will die."

"Okay, just let him go," Raven pleaded, her voice wavering. BB, frightened beyond belief, shook his head at her. Don't, he mouthed.

"Give me your powers first," the demon snapped. His arm tightened around Beast Boy's neck in aggravation.

"Okay, okay," Raven rushed, almost falling to her shaky knees. "Just don't hurt him."

Raven closed her eyes without hesitation, reaching down deep inside her and grasping her magic. She brought all of it outside of her, keeping it suspended in the air between her and the monster. He smiled largely, greedily. "Good," he said. "Now give it to me!"

With no more hesitation as she had before, she walked forward, her blindingly white magic moving with her. She saw it touch him, then soak into his skin. She fell to the ground when it disappeared completely, her chest crippling with pain.

She gasped for breath, barely noticing Beast Boy when he came to her side. She screamed as she felt wasps sting her brain, knives dig into her skin, and pliers pull her bones out.

Faintly, she heard the Demon of Sins sighing in relief. "Now I have both of your powers," she caught. "You can now die with the rest of your friends!"

She squeezed her eyes shut and waited for something. Anything--more pain, death, something. But when nothing came, she opened her eyes (with much difficulty) and looked up at the Demon of Sins through blurry vision.

"Raven, what did you do?!" it exclaimed, trying to suck in air as it fell to the ground. Its eyes were wide with fear, and its gnarled face withered.

All the while, Raven could feel herself gaining strength. She was confused about it, but then what he said came back to her: Now I have both of your powers.

She gasped. Of course! She remembered! When Starfire had left her room, the demon had appeared and consumed her, taking her inside of its body so she couldn't interfere.

"That must mean he had taken my powers when he pushed me into the bathroom mirror," she realized. "That way I could be defenseless when he came to take me."

"Raven!" Beast Boy shouted. She finally switched her attention to him, knowing he had been saying her name for the past few minutes. Relief spread across his face when they made eye contact.

"Are you okay?" she asked, cupping his cheek.

He smiled and planted a firm kiss on her lips. He held her face between his hands as he pulled back to say, "I'm fine now."

"I'll kill you both!" the Demon of Sins wheezed. Raven looked back at him, gaping in horror when she saw his old, white face. His skin fell off of his cheek bones, turning to dust as it hit the ground. "What did you do to me? Raven!"

"My powers are too much for you to handle," she said, standing strongly in front of the deteriorating demon. "You will not kill anymore."

"No... I will... Kill the sin..." And finally, with those last words, the Demon of Sins took its last breath.

Suddenly two masses of magic shot out from the dead demon and flew into the air, one black, one white. She gasped and glanced up at them just before they shot down into her. She felt the magics mingling inside her as they lifted her into the air.
___________________________

Beast Boy gasped in awe. His Raven was floating in the air, glowing in a strangely familiar white light that calmed him. Her hair had grown out around her and turned dark black, and her outfit had changed to white. He could see the diamond on her forehead now, and he sighed in relief. She was back to normal.

Rae was lowered to the ground slowly, and she sunk to her knees. Beast Boy ran to her, sitting beside her. "Rae," he whispered, tucking a strand of black hair behind her ear.

She looked up at him, blinking a few times and even squinting. "Beast Boy?" she whispered back. "What happened?" Then she noticed her hair--and wrinkled her nose. "Gross. Why do I have so much hair?"