"Boyfriend" (6)

Yoongi is 6 years old and is in the first grade. There had recently been a new student in Yoongi's class. His name is Jung Hoseok.

Yoongi knows that it is okay to like boys. His parents always told him to like whoever he wants.

This day was show and tell. Yoongi had brought in a few pictures of his family that he really likes. It is a picture of his dad dressed up as princess outfit. The picture was taken by his other dad, who is a photographer and an artist. The other pictures was taken by his grandmother. One was when they were at the beach and the other is when they were at Disney.

Okay class it is time for show and tell says Ms. Sunmi. Please go to the rug and sit down. Who wants to go first?

Me Ms. Sunmi. I want to go first.

Okay then Yoongi, come on up.

Yoongi goes up at the front where Ms. Sunmi was seated.

Show us what you brought.

I brought a few pictures of my family. This first one is when we were playing prinsses cowboy. I like playing the game...

Ah man I wish my mom would play dress up with me. You are lucky that your mom does that with you. Says one of his classmates.

Mark please don't interrupt while he is sharing this with us. Says Ms. Sunmi. Would you like it if that was done to you?

No Ms. Sunmi.

Okay, thank you Mark. Please continue Yoongi.

Um. First this is my dad. He just has long hair in this picture.

So your mom took the picture? Interrupts Mark again.

Mark do you want to go to time out?

No Ms. Sunmi.

Okay then. I'm sorry Yoongi, please continue.

Yoongi shows a smile and continues. My other dad took the picture. He is a photographer and...

Your other dad?

Mark please go to time out. I sorry Yoongi. Continue.

I don't have a mom. My mom that have birth to me didn't want me. But my two dads love me and they care of me.

Mommy say two girls or two boys together is disgusting. She says you will rot in hell for being a gay. Says Jinyoung.

Jinyoung please.

Yeah my mommy and daddy also said that. Says yugyeom.

But my two dads are good people they won't go to hell. They are good people and they love me.

Yeah my dad and granny said that gays should be killed and burned. And that they deserve every thing bad that happens to them.

Yeah my... about another five students started up about it.

But... Yoongi didn't know what to do. He loved his parents and he knew that they loved him. Yoongi is sad that they said all that when they don't even know his parents. Yoongi starts to cry.

Class. I will not accept such behaviour in my class. In my class you should respect on another. There are also many forms of family. You don't even have to be related by blood. Like Yoongi has two dads and they both love him. Right Yoongi.

Yoongi nods his head and wipes his tears away.

Now please apologize to Yoongi.

I'm sorry. Says a girl in the class.