broken melodies

The studio had begun to get busy. He was in there all day and night. The company wanted to push out more music out of them.

Yoongi sometimes fell asleep in the studio to save time and would shower in the gym in the company building. He stretched after being finished with some details he was working on.

He walked around the building, taking sight of all the embellishments of the building. Yoongi went up and down the stairs, stretching out his legs.

Through his headphones, he heard a notification come in through his phone.

Hoseok:
Are you still at the company?

Yoongi:
Yeah... I'm still here. Just trying to get some more work in...

Hoseok:
Okay... Can I pass by if you're not too busy? I just went out for a meal and was wondering if you wanted something to eat too?

Yoongi:
I guess so if it's not too much of a hassle... I'll have whatever you're having.

Hoseok:
Okay! I'll head there soon! Just ordered!

Hoseok rushed all the way to the company building late at night. He would only do that for Yoongi, his best friend.

It took about half an hour in total from ordering to meet up with Yoongi. They ate their meal in Yoongi's studio, huddling around the small table that he had in there, only being used when they ate together in there, Yoongi bought it for that sole purpose. Yoongi watched as Hoseok ate, his cheeks bright and eyes happy.

Yoongi still remembers when they became friends. Hoseok, who was a year younger than him, walked up to him during a training session with a bunch of other trainees and told him he seemed interesting. Yoongi now thinks it's funny, but he remembers being off put by it. He remembers how they used to practice together. Hoseok, being the better dancer, always helped Yoongi out whenever he needed it.  Hoseok always helped him out with his vocal training as well. Even if he couldn't become any better, he is satisfied with having tried. It makes Yoongi feel happy being around Hoseok.

Yoongi sometimes thinks back to the nights when their practices were just them two. Sometimes, he wanted to reach out, just wanting something between them to happen, but that never came of anything. Laying down next to each other on the cool floor. Their breathing heavy, Yoongi's hand so close to Hoseok's yet... so far. He loves hearing Hoseok's voice echo against the walls. It fills his ears, it sounds so nice. He loves to listen to Hoseok when he speaks and rants, too. The way his body moves so swiftly and elegantly at times. Yoongi wishes their bodies could move against each other too.

Being at an age where he doesn't have much else to yearn for after becoming successful, he wants to be able to solely focus on them but there are times where he feels perhaps he is too old to be thinking and acting the way he does or perhaps too selfish. They were friends since they were 15. Half of their life.

When they finished eating and Yoongi's mind is zoned out, Hoseok asks if he is okay or if he needs to get some rest, but He denies it. Yoongi sighed and tried to let go of his emotions. Hoseok took a seat next to Yoongi on his couch. He asked him what was wrong, but Yoongi answered simply that he was a bit tired. Hoseok's worry for him made it so hard to let go.

Hoseok continued to ask. He placed a hand on Yoongi's leg and squeezed it a bit, reassuring Yoongi that he was safe to tell him how he felt. He wanted to be able to be there for his best friend.