30 Year Case (16)

Being a detective isn't what Hoseok had in mind when he was younger. He didn't know what to do so he went into the police academy to be able to pay for college.

After a few years he quite enjoyed it, the area was pretty easy going and the people in the area were friendly.

After a few promotions he got to be detective. He got assigned to the homicide department. After 5 years he asked to be transferred to cold cases. He better perfered the job then having to go to crime scenes.

-
The homicide unit to Yoongi was much better than narcotics or any other unit since he didn't have to deal with people who are alive, since he would have to recite the crime with them over and over again which is unpleasant for both sides.

Usually the death they investigate are accidental or suicide not really much murders.

-
Hoseok watches the news while he eats breakfast. He is having a bagel with strawberry cream cheese spread and a cup of coffee for breakfast.

About thirty years previously there was a set of murders that happened in the town that he lives in. Hoseok remembers how his parents took precautions when they happened.

According to the news the killings have started again. The killer was never caught even from the many clues that they left behind.

Hoseok was going to start working on the case within the next week.

He thinks the killings may have started again within the last few days maybe as recent as last night. He finishes up his breakfast and heads up to work.

On his way to his office he greets some officers and other coworkers.

He sits down in his chair and then swivels around to the shelf behind him.

Looking at the shelf until he pinpoints the file he wants. Sliding it out and placing it on the desk in front of him.

He probably has to work on the case with the homicide deparment, and as he thinks that, the phone in his office rings.

Just as he thought, it was a call for him to work with the homicide department.

He sighs and gets up.

Hoseok walks into the homicide department. His old partner walks up to him and says "Hey little Jung, what have you been up to, are you going to be the one working with us on the case?"

- I believe so. The "X" Killer. Right?

- Yes exactly that.

- Alright, then that is great. Should we should start by reviewing the evidence from 30 years ago?

- Yes I sent my partner to go bring the evidence down here from the evidence room. I'm hoping it is still useful. - He looks up over Hoseok's shoulder- There he is, Hey, little Min come here, this is my old partner.

He nods his head and places the box on a desk. He then stretches out his hand to introduce himself.

- Min Yoongi.

Hoseok nods with acknowledgment at him.

- Jung Hoseok.

- We are also going to be working the case with Lee and Chwe. Lee went to go print some stuff off, I think Chwe went to go get something to eat. - He turns around to look behind him towards the cafeteria, and then turns back around - If you guys have not eaten anything yet, you should go get something before we start.

- Sure thing, would you like me to bring back anything for you?

- I'm good, but you and Min should go ahead and eat something.