Chapter Twenty-One :: Your Savior

It had been about a month since Asami and Kakashi left the Hidden Leaf Village; you and Iruka made it offical that the both of you were dating and you have never felt happier. You both were even considering moving into his place together, since meeting up at your apartment was getting pretty annoying (in all honesty on your part, you didn't want to walk out of your building and see Kakashi's building).

Iruka came in (he also has a copy of the key) and gave you a kiss on the cheek while you were making eggs. "Good morning, gorgeous." he smiled. He never called you "babe" or "baby girl" like what Kakashi did; he always addressed you as "sweetie" or "gorgeous" - sometimes he'll even say "beautiful" when it's the both of you.

"Well good morning to you too, handsome." you smiled, kissing his lips. You felt his arms wrap around your waist, his head resting on your shoulder while you turned your attention back to the eggs.

"I wanna talk to you about moving in." Iruka backed up, sounding a bit serious.

"Yeah, what's up?" you glanced at him before back at the eggs.

"Miyuki's stuff is still in my place-"

"I thought you told her she had until last Friday to move her shit?" you looked at him, irritated.

"Well, it seems like she wants to wait until Kakashi comes back," Iruka rubbed the back of his neck. "Rumor has it those two have been exchanging letters back and forth and Miyuki wants to wait until he comes back to move in with him."

Your expression dropped faster than the spatula to the floor. "Look, I'm sorry, but I can't really kick Miuyki out when she has nowhere to go." Iruka sighed, refusing to make eye contact with you.

"You promised me you'd get her out of there so I can move in." you sounded irritated.

"I know," Iruka looked at his feet. "I've tried everything I could think of; threatening her, packing her stuff myself. Hell, I even asked Guy and Shikamaru if they wouldn't mind helping her move the heavier shit. She keeps unpacking and refusing to leave."

You pinched your nose and pressed down hard, feeling stressed out. "Iruka, how hard is it to threaten your ex-girlfriend to move her shit out for your new girlfriend?" you demanded, looking at him.

Iruka didn't say anything, but you could tell the look on his face said he was hiding something. You rested your hand against the counter and leaned against it. "You're lying, aren't you?"

Iruka whimpered like a lost dog and took a step back. "Goddammit, Iruka!" you snapped. "When are your balls going to drop? Kick her out!"

"I-I can't," Iruka's voice trailed off.

"And why not?" you demanded.

Iruka turned his head more away from you, which frustrated you more. "If you're just fucking around with me, Iruka, you can leave and not come back." you insisted, turning your attention back to the now burned eggs. You set the pan off to the side, too pissed off to cook anything.

"I-I'm sorry." Iruka muttered.

"You know, why are you such a soft ass?" you asked, seeing him look at you with pain and discomfort. "Why can't you toughen up a bit first?"

"You don't understand, ___." he insisted.

"And what don't I understand, Iruka?" you demanded, your hands at your hips as you leaned to your left.

"Miyuki still loves me."

"Well you love me, don't you?" you asked, walking closer to him.

Iruka hesitated, which made you angry. "Yeah, I do." he finally responded.