Entry Three

There is this girl. Here name is Clarissa. She is perfection. A river of brown hair. Two eyes, two deep blue oceans. One nose dotted by thousands of freckles. Her voice is a song which calls to me in all hours of the day. Her voice is the playlist in my head which is always on repeat, even though we have never spoken.

She sits behind me in math. I used to hate math, and next year, I will again. But for now, it seems to be bearable. She sits in front of me in Driver's Ed, always taking notes. Always taking notes while others snore away. She is the perfect student.

She earned the highest grade on our first Driver's Ed test. She was the only one to get an A. Her ocean eyes lit up when she saw her grade. Her genuine and humble smile flitted across her face. When ever I see her smile, I cannot help myself from smiling as well. When she turned to me, I nearly fainted. She was about to talk to me for the first time.

But instead she motioned to her friend, who sat behind me. "I got an A!" she mouthed. I will never know what her friend said. I had put my head on my desk. Feelings are stupid and unnecessary. Relationships are disgusting and pointless. They merely flaunt other's happiness.

But I want that happiness. I want to flaunt that happiness. Thomas and Clarissa Hickory.

Thomas Hickory