Entry Four

I am not a musician. I am not an athlete. I’m not a technician nor an artist either. What am I, you ask? Exactly. I am the epitome of nothing. The example of nobody. The heart of boring. The mind of pointless. A waste. Not living. Barely breathing.

 I have acquaintances, not friends. I am the kid that everyone knows of, but no one knows. No one wants to know. No one needs to know. I have lived in the same town for my entire fifteen years of living. While others cared about alliances and friendships, I sat idly by and waited for kids to come to me. To ask me to be their friend.

I made a mistake of thinking that people were nice. That people weren’t blind to my suffering. I lived under the delusion that people would find me. People would ask me to be their friend. I guess it doesn't work that way. And I guess I’m so pathetic. At least I find some kids to sit with at lunch. Sit with. Not talk with.

When people don’t have a way to vent, to cycle through pain, they can do one of two things: Explode or Survive. I tried to Explode. I became a time bomb. No one knew whether or not I would show up for the next day of school. Granted, no one cared. I just didn’t want to hurt my parents. I decided to Survive.

A journal is the window to the soul. A writer writes to exploit his best friend: himself.

Thomas Hickory