Chapter 16

Chapter 16

She knows

“Daddy!” Lily shrieked, bending in her knees while shaking Lisa’s arms lying on my floor, while I remained stunned looking at her reddish side profile, eyes are closed as she groaned loud, making Lily to back off and went to me, tugging my arm as she pointed her other mommy on the floor.

“Help her mommy! She’s sick!” she squealed, making me came up to my senses and bent down to level my sight on hers. “Where did you meet her Lily?”

Before she can speak up, the village chief came running towards our door “Is the lawyer already here Jennie?”

I stand up, “What is she doing here chief? Where’s the lawyer Kim Hanbin you are talking about? What is Lisa Manoban doing here in my house?” I asked in shock, still not believing Lisa is here at my house! And she just saw Lily!

“I’m sorry but Kim Hanbin can’t make it and asked Lisa Manoban to take the case for us Jennie, she’s our representative now” he explained while getting Lisa up

“What?” I almost screamed

“Oh she’s really drunk, they’ve gone too hard for the drinks” he grumbled and bring one Lisa’s arm on his shoulder, she's still in her deep sleep and slightly snoring. He made her lie on our sofa, Lily run towards her and watch her sleep

“Wake up daddy, wakey wakey.” she whispered, slightly shaking Lisa’s arm again

I grab her little hands “Lily she’s asleep, don’t disturb her”

Sweet Jesus, she’s calling Lisa her daddy just the first time she saw her! What is she doing here and what is really happening?!

“But mommyyy..” she pouts and started swaying her hands holding mine and stomping both of her feet

“Lily”  I warned, she then pouted even more and just hung her head low before silently making her way to her room

I fought back my tears at the sight, oh god

“Jennie” the chief suddenly spoke, I turned to him, only to notice his stares are now exchanging from Lily’s door and to Lisa now lying in my sofa.

“Is she? Lily’s..?”

I grab his arm, tugging in a pleading way as I stared into his eyes “Please change our legal representative chief, I can-t face her now, Lisa can’t be here! She can’t be in here!”

His eyes widened at my sudden outburst, he softly bring my hands down and shook his head “We can’t Jennie, the trial will be next week from now on and it will took days if we hire another one, I’m sorry”

I seated defeated in front of the sofa Lisa was lying, her brown ponytailed hair is in a mess while her suit is slightly dishevelled,  Jisoo was right, just one glance and one look at her, you will already know the truth behind Lily’s identity.

“So she’s Lily’s damn, I can’t believe this..” he mumbled in shock while staring at Lisa’s sleeping face.

Her one arm is hanging in the air, the chief grabs it and slowly placed her long arm on her chest, my eyes immediately caught that golden ring in her ring finger, I hastily looked away.

So she’s already engage or even married, why am I still hurting when I’ve already accepted the truth a long time ago? Why there is still a part of me believed she’s still looking for me after all those years? Where in the first place I’m the one who run away and hid?

I stand up once again, making sure the village chief will not see my teary eyes nor hear me sniff, I grab his arm again. He turned to me, with a slight empathy flashing in his eyes “Please don’t tell Lisa Lily is her daughter, please don’t tell anyone about this chief I’m begging you” I begged