Slow Down

The imperial Army marched forth to Garreg Mach. Hubert, Edelgard, And Foxxen standing at the front of the front lines. They looked up to see the forces they were up against.

Large numbers met them, though, Lady Edelgard was prepared. Of course, not yet.

"Foxxen, this is an awful request, but... Claude stands on the front lines. We need you to hold him off until it is time." Edelgard explained. "I need Hubert by me. It has to be you leading the charge, there is no other way."

Foxxen nodded. "I will see it done."

"Thank you Foxxen, and be safe." She nodded. She sent her off, watching as Foxxen ran towards the Monastery.

Foxxen raced, taking out enemies as she did, until she heard him behind her.

"So, you're Foxxen, huh?" An arrow flew by her, but she dodged. "Damn, you're fast on your feet."

"Of course I am, I wouldn't have survived this long if I was slow."

Y/N hadn't been slow since... since...

"Run Y/N!! Go!!"

"I can't believe... A mage like you, so against Emperor Hresvelg. I'm sure you will be executed, and that daughter of yours lucky to live in any way..." Lord Vestra explained.

Y/N was running, guards grabbed at her. She was maybe 10 at the time, soon to be 11. They chased her, as Lord Vestra had asked they do moments ago.

She and her mother had been hiding in Vestra territory, attempting to gain enough money to head into Embarr and begin to live a life there.

Y/N's mother had once been a powerful and criminal dark mage, but now, although she taught her daughter her craft, she wanted nothing more than to be a good mother.

And now they had been found out, and had to this point been prosecuted by Lord Vestra for a few days. She was so tired by now of running from guards.

"Mother!! Mother!!" She cried out as she ran. There was no ally nor friend around. She was a lonely 10 year old, alone.

She needed to rest, as she heard the guards no longer. She fell to the ground, her hands touching the wet stone of the streets. It had recently rained.

She took a few deep breaths, when she realized there were tears from her cheeks. She attempted to wipe them away, but they continued to roll.

She was then hit with a magical blast, dealt by the son of the Lord of House Vestra.

As she had paused in her thoughts, she was hit with an arrow hit dealt by Claude. She felt the stinging, reaching her hand up to it.

She dealt a blow of fire that hit, but now it was obvious.

She was holding back, and sloppy with her movements because of it.

"Foxxen, that attack, if you continue to attack like that, I'll beat you easily." Claude said. "So, why?"

"..."

"Alright then. Don't hold this against me!" The shot was so fast, Foxxen didn't have time to move. It was in her shoulder,  and she fell to the ground.

She put her hands over her mask. She should have beaten Claude when given the chance, but now, she was at his mercy.

"I could kill you. Honestly, it would probably be in my best interest to do so." He knelt down next to her. "But, I have a question I want answered first."

He grabbed one of her arms away from her face. "Claude! You're to close! She could-" Lorenz began to yell while fighting other soldiers, but Claude had ripped the mask from her face.

Then, after just a glance, she disappeared.

"Claude, who was it?" Asked Ignatz.

"It was-"

More soldiers were coming. Yelling in the distance. They could see the Blue Lions on the Field as Hubert and Edelgard made their escape.

They had lost.

Lindhart healed Y/N, as Hubert watched from next to her. "She'll be fine. Just be careful with it." He yawned.

Hubert nodded. "Yes. As long as she is okay."

"Well there is one more thing." He sighed. "Y/N is pregnant. About 2 months actually."

"Lindhart, if you say this in jest, it is not very laughable." Hubert responded. Y/N's eyes were wide, looking from Lindhart to Hubert.

"It's no jest. Y/N is having a baby. My advice would be that for the next 6 or 7 months, she stays away from the battlefield." Lindhart explained. "You're lucky nothing was too hurt today."

Hubert looked away. "Yes. Thank you."

Lindhart collected his things. "Now if you'll excuse me, after the battle today, I would enjoy a nice nap." He then exited.

Once he was gone, Hubert went and sat next to Y/N. "Y/N... You hold something that is ours within you..." He pulled her close, holding a hand over her stomach. "It is a shame that you will not be able to join me on the battlefield but eventually, you will. For now, I assume it better that you rest."

"Hubert... You are too kind to me." She blushed as Hubert rested his head in the crook of her neck.

"I have caused this for you. So, it is only right that I be here as much as I can."

But it wasn't Hubert that had caused Y/N's ailment. It was none other than Claude von Riegan, who this baby bore the crest of. They wouldn't know this until later.

But Y/N already had a feeling that this was the truth.