Seventeen.

Your POV

The day seemed to fly by and before you knew it, you were on your way down to the lake to meet Remus. You'd never felt this nervous in your life. You'd not even really got to properly know Remus yet and it felt as though so much had gotten in your way already. Now you were more determined to not let anything else get in the way.

As you reached the bottom of the lake, you saw Remus saw on his own by the water. The sight of him caused a mix of emotions to surface in the pit of your stomach. An overwhelming mix of feelings that made you sure you were slowly falling for him.

'Remus.' You called as you strode towards him across the grass. Remus instantly looked round and a grin crept across his face.

'Hello, I've been here for a while already.' He said, shuffling in the grass slightly as you sat down beside him.

'I'm not late, am I?' You said. Remus shook his head and smiled, looking back out at the lake again.

'No, I just like sitting down here that's all.' Remus said, picking up stone beside him and throwing it into the lake.

'What did you want to meet me here for?' You asked. Remus took a deep breath and looked over to you. You could sense the fear in him and it made you nervous.

'REMUS!' Remus clenched his jaw tightly as he looked over your shoulder. You followed his gaze and saw James walking towards the two of you. Remus huffed and without a word, got up from his spot on the grass.

You watched as Remus stormed over to James, grabbed his arm and led him back up towards the castle. They stood talking for several minutes before Remus looked briefly back at you. As he looked at you, you felt as though he was about to walk off but he didn't. James left and he made his way back over.

'Is everything alright?' You said. Remus took a deep breath as he sat back down. You watched him for several moments before he turned to you and smile slightly.

'Yeah. Everything is fine now.' Remus said, smiling as he looked back out at the lake again.

'I thought you were going to run away or something.' You said. Remus instantly looked over at you and shook his head. You smiled slightly and looked down, suddenly embarrassed you'd verbalised your thoughts to him. Unexpectedly, you felt his hand on top of yours and you slowly looked up at him. He was watching you attentively and it made your heart skip a beat.

'No of course I wouldn't. What makes you think that?' He said. You shrugged and looked down at his hand on top of yours.

'I don't know. Because everything just seems against us getting close.' You said. Remus sighed and shook his head.

'Well, I won't let anything else get in the way anymore.' Remus said, tightening his grip around your hand. You smiled and as you looked at him, it felt like the perfect moment to kiss him. Neither of you said anything for a few seconds, then Remus jumped up, nearly pulling you up as he did.

'Where are you going?' You asked. Remus tugged your hand slightly and smiled.

'You'll see.' Remus said. You grinned and got up, letting him lead you back up to the castle.

Remus' POV

I casually rested my arms on the rails as we looked down at the courtyard below us. (Y/N) stood beside me, her arm brushing against mine as she rested her arms on the railings.

'You know Remus, I have been here before.' She said, laughing slightly. I nudged her playfully and she laughed again, playfully nudging me back.

'Yes I know. But you haven't been here with me.' I said. She smiled affectionately back at me and her cheeks turned a slight shade of pink.

'It is nice. You come to all of the scenic spots. Where you can just sit and watch the world go by.' She said.

'It's because a lot of people don't usually come to these spots.' I murmured, looking down at the people below casually getting on with their day.

'Do you often avoid places where people are?' (Y/N) said, chuckling slightly. I smiled slightly and nodded. The smile on her face dropped and she looked incredibly awkward.

'I like to keep myself to myself. It's better that way.' I said. (Y/N) placed her hand on my arm, and I felt a rush of blood consume my body. Quickly pulling my arm away, (Y/N)'s face dropped.

'Sorry. I didn't mean...' She said, trailing off and she took a step away from me. My heart sank as I watched her back away. If she was like this, How would she ever accept me for what I was?

'I know you didn't. You don't have to apologise.' I said 'It's getting on a bit now. Shall we walk back to the common room?'

(Y/N) nodded and stretched her hand out to me. I smiled and weaved my fingers through hers. For now, I can just enjoy the time that (Y/N) doesn't know the truth. I can be the normal teenage boy I'd always wanted to be.

_______________________________________________________________

So, I didn't actually realise how long it had been since I last updated this and I'm so sorry! I don't know where the times gone. I can't believe this is at nearly 10,000. Thanks so much for all the votes, comments and reads. It means a lot! all the love. x