Thirteen.

Your POV

Two weeks had passed and you'd avoided seeing Lily or any of the boys. You hadn't been attending Potions class and you'd spent most of your free time on your bed, reading or doing extra studying. Slowly but surely, your life at Hogwarts was heading back to the way it always had been.

You pushed your food slowly around the plate. You'd barely eaten anything over the last few days. As much as you wanted to, you just couldn't. After pushing your food around the plate for a little while longer, you finally pushed your plate to one side and buried your face into your hands.

'Want some company?' Your whole body froze as you recognised the voice in front of you. You took a deep breath and with trembling hands, you slowly uncovered your face to see Remus sat opposite you. He still didn't look well, but he was beginning to regain colour in his face and looked a lot healthier than the last time you saw him.

All you could do was stare at him and shake your head. No words could escape your lips as you stared intensely at him. Remus looked around the great hall and you knew he was looking for the others. It was clear to you that for whatever reason, they didn't want you to talk to him anymore.

'I don't expect you to want to talk to me.' Remus paused and took a deep breath 'But I just wanted to let you know that I haven't stopped thinking of you.'

The two of you sat in silence as you both just looked at each other. His soft green eyes making you feel all warm inside. You sighed inwardly and finally dropped your gaze. As much as you wanted to, you just couldn't say anything. Your mind was in such a whirlwind state of emotions, you couldn't even think straight. Remus then gradually got up from his seat, and you felt yourself drawn to him as he leisurely began to walk away.

'Me too' You suddenly blurted out. Remus stopped and stood silently for a few moments before he turned around and looked at you again 'I've been thinking of you too.'

You felt a huge weight off your shoulders as you found yourself able to speak again. Remus continued to stare silently at you and you felt like a wave of electricity was coursing through your body.

After what felt like an eternity of the two of you just staring at each other. Remus smiled at you, before he turned and walked out of the great hall.

Remus's POV

I casually drummed my fingers against the desk as the rest of potions class began to filter in. My eyes were glued to the door as I looked at each face walking through.

'Mr Lupin.' Professor Slughorn said 'Would you kindly stop tapping against your desk and open your textbook?'

I forced a smile as I looked up at Professor Slughorn and nodded. He smiled back and I turned my attention to the textbook in front of me. I leisurely began to flick through the pages one by one, not even knowing what exactly we were studying.

Unexpectedly, I felt someone sit down beside me. My heart started to pound fiercely against my chest. Nobody had sat next to me since (Y/N) hadn't started to turn up to classes.

'Ah, (Y/N). You're back.' Professor Slughorn said. I could feel my heart beating louder and faster as I heard (Y/N)'s name. I lifted my gaze to the seat next to me and sure enough, (Y/N) was sat in her seat.

'Hi' Was all I could manage to say. (Y/N) smiled, before she leant over to my textbook and began to turn the pages. Her arm brushed against mine as she continued to turn the pages and a strange feeling surfaced in the pit of my stomach.

'There.' (Y/N) said as she stopped at a page 'We've just started on moonstone.'

'Thank you.' I said. (Y/N) smiled at me and I felt an overwhelmingly sense of happiness seeing her smile 'Hang on. How do you even know what we're doing?'

'I've been seeing Professor Slughorn for private lessons.' She explained.

'Did you stop coming to lessons because of me?' I said. (Y/N) stared blankly at me for a few moments, before she nodded. I dropped my gaze suddenly unable to look her in the eye, feeling completely ashamed of myself.

'I felt so lonely and rejected when you walked away from me.' She said 'Like I was a nobody.'

I gaped at her and felt sick to my stomach. How could I make someone feel like that when that's all I've felt in my life? Lonely, unwanted and rejected.

'You're not a nobody.' I murmured. (Y/N) smiled at me, before she looked back down at her textbook. My eyes than wandered down to her free hand resting in the space between us.

I then slowly placed my hand besides her, and gently brushed my little finger against hers. Nerves consumed every inch of my body as my eyes were glued to the front of the class. Then, I felt her finger wrap around mine.

Her grip around my finger tightened and I felt my heart accelerate again. Slowly looking over at her, (Y/N) was already looking at me. She smiled, and in that moment, I knew I could not stare away from this girl. 

____________________________________________________

hey guys. hope you're all having a fab weekend. thanks for all the comments and votes on previous chapters. It means the world to me seeing all the comments and votes from you guys. Hope you enjoy this chapter and thanks for reading. 

Also, I have an exam for my degree coming up on the 12th June, So there will be no upload until after the 12th. And after that, I will be free of university until October, so will be more flexible to upload more regularly, if that's something you guys would like. Let me know in the comments if you would like to see more regular updates on this story. e.g weekly and on a certain day? 

Thanks for reading if you got this far. all the love. x