Prologue: Meeting the Heir and Blue Angel

[Jaden is looking through his deck of Elemental Heroes when he hears a girl scream. He runs to see where it came from. A girl has her deck taken from a bully]

Girl: Please. Give it back.

Bully: Why should I? Girls shouldn't play card games.

Girl: What's wrong with a girl playing card games? You afraid to lose to a girl? Is that why?

Bully: I'm not afraid of you!

[A voice is heard]

???: You must be since you're holding her deck.

[A Masked Man appears]

Bully: What do you want?

Masked Man: I've come to play the hero.

Bully: You think you can beat me, eh?

Masked Man: No. I know that I can beat you. If I win, you give her deck back.

Bully: If I win, then I'll take yours!

Masked Man: I agree to those terms.

Masked Man/Bully: Let's duel.

Turn 1- Bully

Masked Man- 4000 LP/ Bully- 4000 LP

Bully: I'll start. My turn. I summon Ancient Gear Hunting Hound in ATK Mode!

Ancient Gear Hunting Hound: Level 3- 1000 ATK/ 1000 DEF

Masked Man: An Ancient Gear deck. You're from Duel Academy. I thought I recognized the blue jacket.

Bully: This blue jacket symbolizes me as one of the top students from my school. When Ancient Gear Hunting Hound is summoned, it can deal 600 LP of damage to you!

Masked Man- 4000 LP - - -> 3400 LP

Bully: The duel just started and you're already behind. I now activate the spell: Polymerization! I fuse the Ancient Gear Hunting Hound on my field with the two in my hand! Watch as the fury of the pack takes the shape of a single raging beast! I Fusion Summon! Triple Ancient Gear Hunting Hound!

Triple Ancient Gear Hunting Hound: Level 7- 1800 ATK/ 1000 DEF

Bully: I place one card facedown and end my turn.

Turn 2- Masked Man

Masked Man- 3400 LP/ Bully- 4000 LP

Masked Man: is that it? I expected more. My turn. Draw. Since I control no monsters, I can special summon Linkslayer from my hand.

Linkslayer: Level 5- 2000 ATK/ 600 DEF

Masked Man: Now I summon Dotscaper in ATK mode!

Dotscaper: Level 1- 0 ATK/ 2100 DEF

Bully: What a rookie mistake! That monster was better off in DEF Mode.

Masked Man: It's rude to interrupt. Appear, the circuit that leads to the future!

[The circuit appears and all spectators gasp]

Masked Man: The summoning conditions are two monsters. I set Linkslayer and Dotscaper in the link arrows! Link the circuit! I Link Summon! Appear, Link 2 Security Dragon!

Security Dragon: 1100 ATK/ Link-2

Bully: What type of monster is that?

Masked Man: I thought a top student of Duel Academy would know.

Bully: No matter. It still can't beat my monster.

Masked Man: I wasn't finished. Dotscaper monster effect, activate. Since Dotscaper was sent to the Graveyard, I can summon it back to my field! Appear, the circuit that leads to the future! The summoning conditions are at least 2 effect monsters. I set Link 2 Security Dragon and Dotscaper in the link arrows. Link the circuit! I Link Summon! Appear, Link 3 Transcode Talker!

Transcode Talker- 2300 ATK/ Link-3

Masked Man: Transcode Talker monster effect, activate. It can summon one Link 3 or lower Cyberse Monster from the Graveyard next to its link. Security Dragon monster effect, activate! When it's summoned to the field and co-linked, it can return one monster to your hand! That's your Triple Ancient Gear Hunting Hound! Since it was a fusion monster, it goes back to the extra deck and not the hand.

Bully: No!

Masked Man: Transcode Talker monster effect, activate! Since it's co-linked, both it and the monster co-linked gains 500 ATK.

Transcode Talker- 2300 ATK - - -> 2800 ATK

Security Dragon: 1100 ATK - - -> 1600 ATK

Masked Man: Battle. Security Dragon, direct attack!

Bully: Ahh!

Bully- 4000 LP - - -> 2400 LP

Masked Man: Transcode Talker, direct attack! Transcode Finish!

Bully: Ahh!

Bully- 2400 LP - - -> 0 LP

Winner: Masked Man

[The duel ends and the bully lies on the ground. The Masked Man walks over and takes back the stolen deck and gives it back to the girl]

Girl: Thank you.

Masked Man: No problem.

Skye: My name is Skye Zaizen.

Masked Man: It's been a pleasure but I must be going.

[Jaden runs over]

Jaden: Wait. I want to know how you duel that way!

Masked Man: I'm sorry but that must remain a secret.

[The Masked Man runs away but Jaden sneakily runs behind him. The Masked Man removes his mask to reveal a young boy. Jaden reveals himself]

Jaden: You live here?

Boy: Please. Forget what you saw.

Jaden: I can't and I can't let you live here like this.

Boy: I have no other choice.

Jaden: Come live with me. It'll be fun.

Boy: You sure?

Jaden: Definiently. It will be fun having a little brother. May I have a name?

Playmaker: Just call me Playmaker.