Chapter 9

Mickey's POV

Where am I?

How am I alive?

I should be dead.

How am I not dead?

Why is it so dark here?

Why does everything hurt?

Why do I feel so cold?

Why am I not dead?

Why am I alone?

Why can't I be dead?

I need to get back.

I need to save them.

I need to protect them.

I took a step forward through the darkness, I can hear voices, they aren't in my head, they're all around me, I can't tell who but they make me feel safe.

"Please help me!" I called through the darkness, the darkness rippled as though it was made of water.

I'm alone in here, why am I talking.

A image appeared in front of me, a image of Emily, except she looked older than 13, about 16

"Hey" she said, like this was a normal thing.

"Em, what's going on?" I asked her.

"We're trying to save you, do you know who else is there?" She asked me, I shook my head. I can't remember anything.

"No, Emily I'm sorry " I said to her,she shook her head.

"You don't need to be sorry Mickey" she said, I saw her start to ripple.

"I love you Mickey"

A glass room made its way around me, I saw a girl in front of me.

"Aunt Mickey?" She asked, she had coal black hair that came to her chest, blue eyes that looked scared, she looked dead.

"Hello?" I asked her, she gave a small smile.

"My mums told me I had to find you " she told me.

"Mums?" I asked her.

"Yeah, Skye and Embeth Hawkins" she told me, I froze, she's my friends daughter.

"Do you have a name?" I asked her, she nodded.

"Right,I'm Rachel,Rachel Hawkins" she told me, of course they would name their daughter Rachel.

"Why do you need to find me?" I asked her.

"Your daughter is in danger " she told me, daughter? I have a daughter, great.

"Daughter?" I asked her.

"Cynthia, Cynthia Devin" I froze at the second name, I'm in a relationship with Tibby, or I at least have a child with him, oh shit I had sex with him, I have had sex with Tibby fucking Devin.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"She overused her power, like more than she should have, she's hurt badly" Rachel explained, so our children have powers? That's great, totally not going to ruin their lives or anything.

I saw Rachel ripple, before I knew it she and the room were gone, and I fell into darkness.