21

I'm having the weirdest dream. 

Everything I see is tinted in orange light. It's strange because it feels real but distant at the same time. 

"Bucky."

I haven't opened my mouth, but I hear the words echoing in my ears. He's here too, looking as confused as I feel. I can see him in my dream, but he's staring at me metaphysically as if he's experiencing the same as I am. We're having the same dream while dreaming with each other.

"Where are we?" I ask, this time my lips and words coordinate with each other.

"I don't know." He says and steps closer to me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." It isn't until he asks that I remember what happened. My ribs were fractured because of a rock that Thanos threw at me and I nearly suffocated before we all turned to dust. I guess this is the afterlife. An orange emptiness where everything echoes.

"Mom?"

All of a sudden, a soft voice calls me and I immediately turn around to look for where it came from. Now I definitely know this isn't real life, or life of any kind, because a few feet away from me is Jessica, my daughter, smiling at me.

"Jessica?" I narrow my eyes to adjust my sight. I wanna make sure it's her. "Is that you?" She looks different from the last time that I saw her. Her hair is not white anymore, it's a dark shade of brunette, almost identical to mine. And she also has those big brown eyes I loved to stare at when she was a baby.

"Steve?" I turn to Bucky when I hear him speak. He's gazing into the distance, but there's no one near him. He's seeing Steve, while I'm seeing my daughter. Maybe they're just projections of the people we care about the most, apart from each other.

"Come with me." Jessica calls me again, extending her hand outwards. "It's time to go back."

"Back..." I ask her, still confused. "Where?"

Then, unexpectedly, a familiar deep voice resonates all around us, as if we were surrounded by giant speakers.

Everybody comes home.

The first one feels pretty distant, but the next one is closer. It's almost like a wave that's about to swallow us whole.

Everybody comes home.

I have to cover my ears from how loud was this previous. What I don't know is, that's nothing compared to what's next.

Everybody comes home.

And with that, it swallows us.