8.) It's a Rip Off (Part2)

"How the- what the fuck do you mean!? No. Stop this shit, Mary- fuck You! I went with Fred to identify- We made sure it was her...the lab said-,"

Everything zooms through my mind at the speed of light. Every heart wrenching moment of the aftermath of Cherie's sudden death, every time Freddie's legs gave out and he became weak at the knees when we walked to the morgue- every damn thing was inspected!

"Look- calm down! I'll explain if you just lower your voice!," Mary hisses at me, tightening her grip around my fingers.

"No touching," The guard by the door nods my way when our eyes meet. Fucking gladly.

"So! Explain it- and hurry up times ticking," i speak through gritted teeth, trying desperately to contain my outrage.

Marys whole demeanor shifts. If I wasn't paying such close attention, I wouldn't have caught the sly smirk on her face before she hid behind her signature stone mask expression.

"It was simple, really," This time she looks straight into my eyes, her wicked smirk grows wider as her teeth shine through in a maliciously twisted smile.

"You know the right people, in high places- it's easy to bribe a morgue pathologist with gambling woes," She tilts her head back into a roaring cackle. The evil way that it sounds makes my stomach bubble into knots.

She looks to me now, still snickering away, wiping the stray tears from the side of her eyes.

"Tetrodotoxin to slow her heart rate enough for any monitors to not detect a pulse....then, the extra precaution of Paul's hired ambulance workers that took her away...all so very simple, if you think about it..," Her eyes glow with the satisfying fire of revenge- she's not done yet, I know she's still playing the game. It's obvious!

"What else is there! What does this have- why-," I stand to my feet, now too fumed up to sit still. 

"Where is she? What have they done with her if she...," plopping back down onto the chair, my hand covers my mouth with the possibilities.

I raise my head, fighting to push back the tears from feeling all of this overwhelming emotions. How am I going to tell Fred?!

"She's fine. She's being...well, let's just say she's not lonely," She scoffs and closes her mouth again. Her lips settle into the hideous smirk that tells me ashes definitely hiding something else.

"Who is she with?! Jimmy!? He's got her doesn't he- where! Mary if you don't fucking tell me I'll-,"

"You'll what? Lock me up?," She begins to chuckle lightly into the palm of her hand.

"Visiting times are over- inmates stay where you are. Visitors to the door, please," The guard from the desk stands to his feet as he makes his announcement. It's been two hours already!?

"Where is she! Mary Where is-,"

"Serpent's Desert- I'm sure you'll find her there," she says into my ear as she plays along with the other people around us and hugs me to say our goodbyes.

In tug her closer to me when she tries to pull away, "what about the children? How are they in danger?," I whisper quickly as the impatient guard clears his throat.

"Sir, visiting times are over. Step away now- you've said your goodbyes.,"

I drop my arms from Marys- looking into her eyes, waiting for her to say something!

"Did I say that? Whoops- maybe, we'll have another visit soon-,"

"Mr. Taylor- Lets go!," the guards arms slings around my back as he ushers me to the doorway.