34.) Thank God it's Christmas

A/N:
Hey hey!
Double update 💝

Sorry it's short! But it's been sitting and I want to find gorgeous visuals for the next part 🤗🥰🥰🥰

X

Sitting around the lounge area of the hotel suit, were surrounded by family. Everyone is here, including a very cheery Anita who is completely smitten to be cuddled up next to Brian. I have to keep my distance to keep my mouth shut.

It's been only a couple of days since the horrible night of Anna's kidnapping. It's caused a strain between Brian and his new love interest. I can't say I'm not torn about the situation. But nows not the time to dwell on it.

But besides the secrecy of infidelity, I'd say the holiday spirit is alive and well! As our children run about, up and down the stairs and through the piles of luggage scattered all around, each of us adults take turns sneaking away to the bedrooms to wrap the finishing touches on the Christmas gifts.

Just in time for today, we were able to get a last minute Christmas tree— a real one! With the smell of pine sprinkled in our noses, Christmas carols playing through the radio and the fireplace crackling our warmth, we decorate the tree together as one big happy family.

"What bout the star, Mummy! I want to put it on. Oh, please, Mummy!," Charlie spins around in her sparkling dress, spreading glitter around herself onto the floor. She presses her hands together and bats her eyes, smiling widely.

"Of course, we can put it on together!," Freddie answers for me, picking Charlie up in his arms as she cradled the star to her chest.

"Reach up high, Papi! Sissy can't reach there," Richie instructs, turning his head to the side as if calculating the proper angle.

"Almost there!," Laura yells, her smile just as bright as the glowing string lights as Charlie stretches her arms to the tree top, placing the star directly on the pointed tip.

"That's just perfect!," Charlie beams as Freddie places her back down on her feet. "Thank you, Papi," She gives him a big hug around his hips.

"Anything for my princess," he winks down at her, pinching her cheek between his thumb and finger.

"Cher!," Rose hisses from the doorway of her bedroom. She waves her hand in the air, beckoning me to follow her inside.

"Be right back," Placing a quick peck on Freddie's cheek, I stroll across the living room to join Rose, Veronica and Anita.

"We've almost got everything tidied up, there's just your pile to do now. Want help?," Anita offers as soon as I shut the door to the room.

I nod quickly, appreciating the help since I have barely had the chance to wrap anything at all. As the four of us work together to get everything done, we pour ourselves several glasses of wine, becoming more giggly as the glass rims repeatedly stain our lips.

"And then I says to him, I tells him— No, John! I cannot be pregnant another year in a row!," Ronnie tries to speak through her laughter as we all chuckle along with her. "That man is nuts if he thinks I'm having more than five children! Nuts, I tell you!"

"Yeah, well at least he'll give you children... I still want at least one," Anita chimes in. Something tells me her liquor has hit her a bit differently as the giggles of the room quiet down and her eyes turn glossy with threatening tears.

I feel a huge, hefty lump in my throat. I hate knowing secrets! Especially when those secrets have the ability to tear down one of my most beloved sisters. I'm fighting with myself internally, but I try to think about Freddie's advice. He says it hurts him just as much, but we mustn't meddle.

"Aw, it'll happen Anita! Besides, the bands slowing down after this tour. They'll be home more often..who knows! Maybe we'll all be pregnant together this time next year!," Rose rubs her hand on Anita's back as the sniffles dry her tears away.

"Speak for yourself!," Ronnie chimes in. "I'll gladly help all you pregnant folk plan your showers, but me? Nuh-uhh!"

A knock at the door stops our giggle fest. I rise from the crumbled mess of ribbons and wrapping paper to answer it as Anita refills our glasses with red wine.

"I forgot I have a couple of little ones that need some fixing," Kash hurries into the room as the children pass by, careful not to let any of them see the inside.

"Onward, minis! Time for bed!," I hear Freddie holler in a big, fake deep voice from the other side of the door, followed by the whines of the hyper children.

———————————————-

Freddie:

"Hush darlings, this way-come on!," I wave my hands behind me, urging the row of children to follow my lead. I take them up the stairwell, helping the little ladies with their dresses as I prop the door to the roof open for them.

If you would have told me just a few short years ago that Queen would have rows of children of our own following us everywhere— I'd have ran for the hills. But, this is nice. This is the way I always wanted to grow my family.

"Dad? What's going on? I thought we were meant to be in bed..," Roberts puzzled expression softens when he sees the lined path leading to the decorated alter near the center of the tables.

"Come on then, kids. You can help us finish decorating," Deacy begins to lead the way towards the table where Roger, Brian and Phoebe sit tying balloons.

"You all haven't finished yet?!," My voice hits a high pitch of panic over the last minute details as I whirl around to have a look at the place.

"Quiet, your highness. Everything's all set. Besides, you still have to get dressed," Brian nods his head to the tux still hanging in its cover.

Looking up from his phone, Roger smacks his lips and shakes his head. "The girls are having a hard time convincing Cherie to come up. Apparently, they're all completely tipsy with wine," He chuckles lightly, but seeing my grimace he begins to text back quickly.

"Just tell them- uh, tell them to say we're all up here for some more drinks," He nods his head as I become anxious, feeling my palms sweat.

We've all been planning this night for a long time. I specifically planned to have everyone meet us in Paris. To reignite the sparkle of our past romances here and for this holiday. I just wanted it all to be worth it. If Cherie realizes that all the children aren't in bed then-

"No, not yet-," I curse under my breath when the door opens abruptly, thinking that it's Cherie and none of us are even prepared yet! Fortunately, it's just my nerves bundling up. I sigh in relief to see Mum and Dad walk in holding hands and dressed up a bit more than they had been for the whole day.

"Oh, I knew everything would turn out just wonderfully!," Mum beams as Dad looks around for a suitable seat. "Remember to thank your friends and sister," She follows Dad to the table and soon they've their hands full with Lily and Emmy crying for their attention.

"Rose says that Cherie wants to come up in pajamas-,"

"Pajamas! For fucks sake-," I close my mouth from the profanities that want to escape me. If not just for the children's sake, but because Mum has stopped tickling the children to glare at me. "Oh, I'll just do it!," and before anyone can stop me, I grab my tux and head down the stairwell to collect my stubborn bride.