x

"what do you mean?" stanley asked, setting the box of pizza down on the tv stand. eddie shook his head as he looked around. "i saw..." he trailed off as he had wondered how he got here. stanley furrowed his brows. "who did you see?" he questioned eddie.

"richie. i saw richie." he confirmed, staring at the bed. stanley looked at him weirdly. "okay..." he was confused. "i thought you two switched places, how is that possible?" he asked, lost. "how the fuck should i know?" eddie asked, eyes wide. he was a bit freaked out right now, wanting to know. "i have to go home." eddie suddenly said, getting up.

stanley looked at him wildly. "eddie, your mom is home." he didn't exactly know if she was, but there was a high chance. "i don't care." he replied, going to the door. "but she-" eddie faced him. "i need to know what happened to him, stan. i'm going." he told, opening the door. stanley sighed, watching.

"wait up!" stanley grabbed his phone and followed.

eddie and stanley made their way to the house on foot. eddie wasn't sure if his mom was even home, but he wouldn't doubt it. as they got closer, there was a car parked in the parking lot. sonia's car and a car that didn't look so familiar. "put your head down." stanley scolded, pulling eddie away from it.

the lights in the house were on. even his bedroom light. stanley backed away from the bushes he was hiding behind, grimacing. "are you sure this isn't poisonous?" he asked, staring at it. eddie looked at him and rolled his eyes. "you sound like my mom." he mumbled, pulling out the flashlight on his phone. "what are you doing?!" stanley yelled in a whisper. "shh! window." he motioned to follow.

the two crawled over to the window from behind the house, soon reaching eddies window. he peered over and saw that the room was empty, making him sigh out of relief. he pushed it open, glad it was unlocked and carefully climbed inside. he grabbed stanleys hand and slowly began to help him in.

eddie hesitantly made his way to the dresser and opened it, pulling out a lighter. "how did you get me back?" he quietly asked, looking at stanley. he thought, looking at the lighter eddie had. "uh, we used something of yours...and paper." he nodded, remembering they used eddies shirt. eddie shook his head slightly, slipping the ring off his pinky.

stanley felt his heart race, thinking he heard the same voice from the cellar. "eddie, someone's gotta keep a lookout." he told, too anxious to do this and not have anyone making sure they weren't caught.

"i need your help with this." he said, not knowing who on earth was going to look out for them. the golden haired boy sighed, looking around for a bit before pulling his phone out. "who're you calling?" he asked, leaning over his shoulder. "mike." he answered. eddie furrowed his brows. "who's mike?" he questioned, watching him press call.

eddies mouth went into the shape of an 'o' when he remembered it was the concert guy. he looked over to the door and sighed. "tell him to hurry up." he said quickly, sitting down on his bed as he waited.

stanley brought the phone to his ear, sighing. he didn't want to bring mike into this, but he trusted him and he knew he had his back. plus he wanted to see him again, but that was besides the point.

"hello?" a voice asked over the line. stanley glanced at eddie before turning toward the window. "hey." he began to explain everything to him and pleaded him to come over, telling him that they needed his help. eventually mike gave in and informed his grandpa that he was going to the store which was such a lie. stanley hung up, facing eddie again.