Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I could hear the sound of voices as I came too. My head was throbbing and my ankles and wrists had been bound tigthtly. Thankfully I was in a sitting position; leant against a pale, yellow wall.

  I looked around, trying to figure out where on Earth Lucifer had taken me. A shiver ran down my spine; what if I was no longer in my own world. What if Lucifer had took me to Hell, to torture me, until I gave him what he wanted?

  I shook my head. No. A room with its walls painted a pretty shade of yellow and which housed a large three seater leather sofa, flatcscreen TV and worn looking cofee table couldn't be part of the decor in Hell; for that I was sure.

  My head jerked up at  the sound of a door opening. Lucifer entered the room.

  "Eve."

  "Lucifer." I answered.

  He sauntered across the room and stopped in front of me. Gracefully he crouched down and reached out a hand. He gripped my chin and forced my face up. I glared at him defiantly.

  "Tsk. Children should show more respect to their elders. Come." Abruptly  he lifted me to my feet having had removed the ropes in an impossibly short space of time.

  I stumbled at the sudden change in position. Lucifer caught me before I could fall flat on my face.

  I pushed him away, reeling at being so close to his dark presence.

  He smirked and grabbed my hand, gauging my reaction. Seeing that I wasn't going to pull away for a second time; I could just about withstand such a small point of contact, he began to lead me from the room.

  "Where are you taking me!" I shouted. It was bad enough that he had kidnapped me, but now he expected me to let him drag me along to God knows where!

  Lucifer looked back at me and merely smiled chidingly as we entered another room. This one was a kitchen and he gently parked me on one of the stools at the breakfast bar.

  "You were out for a while. You need to eat something." He headed over to the fridge and took out bread, milk and butter.

  I stared at him, mouth gaping slightly.

  Lucifer spoke softly. "Eve my dear. You are my most vital tool in getting back to Heaven. I need you healthy for what is about to happen."

  "What is about to happen?" I asked carefully. 

  Lucifer leant against one of the counters behind him and stared at me with an indecipherable expression. His appearance was very striking . Each feature stood out starkly from the rest. Ebony hair, pale, almost translucent skin and gleaming silver eyes. He was beautiful, but in a totally different way to Artemis...or to Adam...

  Lucifer was a dark Prince. Cold...calculating...fallen from grace.

    "Eve," he murmured, drawing me from my reverie.

     "Well?" I coaxed.

  Lucifer cocked his head to one side. "I have been awaiting your reincarnation for 500 years. 500 years ago I discovered a link between the 1st Eve and the seven people born every 100 years who embody the seven deadly sins. It is prophesized that an Eve who is born as one of these seven, shall bring about a second fall of man." Here he came forward. "I have seen Eve reborn so many times, but you are the first to be born as Wrath. You are the Eve I have been looking for all this time."

 I recoiled as he brushed his fingers against my cheek. "I'm starting to get pretty tired of this talk about me being the reincarnation of Eve. We have the same name. So what? How can you prove that I really am her reincarnation?"