Chapter 6: Tython

Tython wasn't just any M-class planet; it was a jewel nestled within the swirling nebula of the Anoat sector. Lush emerald jungles carpeted its continents, while vast, cerulean oceans teemed with exotic life. Unlike many M-class worlds, Tython pulsed with a unique energy — a richness in the Force that resonated with both the light and dark sides. This potency attracted a remarkable diversity of sentient species, each drawn to its unique energies. Avians with iridescent feathers soared through the turquoise skies, while subterranean reptilian humanoids thrived in the bioluminescent caverns beneath the surface.

Tython wasn't alone in its celestial dance. Two moons, Ashla and Bogan, kept a watchful vigil over the planet. Ashla, the larger of the two, was a radiant orb, its pearly surface reflecting the soft glow of its parent star, Tythos. During the day, it cast a gentle, silvery light across Tython, bathing the world in a serenity that soothed the souls of those attuned to the Force. At night, Ashla shimmered with an ethereal luminescence, its light said to enhance meditation and foster a deep connection to the light side.

Bogan, in stark contrast, was a brooding presence. Its volcanic surface, perpetually shrouded in swirling crimson clouds, pulsed with a chaotic energy. Its ruddy light, cast upon Tython during its eclipses, was said to stir the dark emotions within Force-sensitives, igniting latent aggression and amplifying the pull of the dark side. The constant push and pull between the moons' influences created a crucible where Force users could hone their abilities, learning to navigate the delicate balance between light and dark.

As expected, this planet had an impressive history in this galaxy without the interventions of the ancient Jedi Knights, but that is another story. It will be up to Daniel Jackson and the rest of SG1 to find more about this ancient history regarding the first royal lineage of the Jedi Knights — Her Royal Majesty, Empress of the Jedi Knights Sam Carter O'Neill Baas. Never know, learning about the other historical events could lead to answers to the ancient past — history has known to repeat itself, and Sam Carter's history is very mysterious indeed.

There is so much to be told about how it all got started. Earth is where it all started, accurate enough, but there might be some history behind why the horrible wars that happened so many millennia ago here in this galaxy. If there were any historical records, it would have been lost in the sands of time if not destroyed so much with the horrific wars that have even destroyed planets of yesterday.

Tython had survived. It is not without wastelands, but nature, in a lot of places, has refurbished itself. Life forms are living on this planet today, and many exotic plant life could never be found on Earth or any other planet in this galaxy. The few of the species that live on Tython today are — Talids, Humans, Selkaths, Twi'leks, Cathars, and Wookies. The Twi'leks were once pilgrims on this planet circa 3,651 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin). As some have stated, there has been a lot of history regarding this one planet. What the SG1 team will find might change everything about this history not of the Jedi Knights, but everything else throughout the universe. Where else did the ancient Jedi Knights go to if it all started on Earth?

That is right, folks, this team from Stargate Command is not out on an extended vacation. They might enjoy themselves since the four of them stepped foot on Coruscant, but as Colonel O'Neill would say to you, "When we always take a vacation, we end up saving the planet or the entire galaxy." This time, it might be two galaxies that are far, far away from each other in time and space if not the vast universe.

For the present-day Tython, the population is not all that big as you may see on other planets, but it is not a barren planet either. If there is any planet that could be like Earth — as far as less technology throughout the many solar systems — Tython would be a very close substitute.

Mostly, the inhabitants worked together to survive. Even the once-feared Flesh Raiders, a species shrouded in myth and legend, had surprisingly emerged from their isolation. These hulking bipedal creatures, once considered mindless savages driven by an insatiable hunger, had begun to form a rudimentary civilization.