Chapter 6: Under the Assault

Author Pov

Once the class was dismissed, and the school for today was over, Mako, Ryuko and Y/N walked together to the secluded spot in the No-Star slums.

Mako jumped onto the wall and watched from the safe distance, as Y/N and Ryuko stood across from each other.

"This will be a simple sparring match. Feel free to go all out though, if you want." Y/N spoke while holding the Dragon Slayer in one hand and looking right at Ryuko.

"Understood." Ryuko replied while looking back at Y/N with a serious expression on her face and pulling the pin on her glove.

Soon enough, Ryuko transformed into her kamui, then she held her Scissor Blade in one hand and pointed it's end at Y/N, while Y/N calmly gripped the Dragon Slayer right in front of him by it's handle with both of his hands.

The two stared each other down for a short while, until Ryuko decided to dash right at Y/N.

Once in close enough range, Ryuko swung her Scissor Blade right at Y/N's head, Y/N however, quickly moved the Dragon Slayer to parry Ryuko's swing.

After that, Ryuko swung her Scissor Blade horizontally right at Y/N's stomach.

Y/N once more managed to move the Dragon Slayer to parry Ryuko's swing.

Right after that, Y/N lifted his sword into the air, then he brought it down on Ryuko into a downward swing motion.

Ryuko managed to move her Scissor Blade just in the nick of time to block Y/N's sword.

The two backed away from each other after that, then Ryuko and Y/N charged at each other once more.

The two swung their swords at each other at the same time, because of it, Y/N and Ryuko swords locked with each other.

After a short struggle, Y/N managed to push Ryuko away, then he shifted his sword to his side and soon after performed a side swing directed at Ryuko's stomach.

Ryuko quickly rolled back, getting out from the Dragon Slayer's reach right before it could hit her.

Shortly afterwards, Ryuko charged at Y/N once more, once she was in close range, Ryuko performed an upward swing with her sword, aiming for Y/N's chin.

Y/N instantly backflipped, getting out from Ryuko's sword reach.

Seeing that, Ryuko quickly dashed at Y/N once more, this time she swung her Scissor Blade several times horizontally and vertically at Y/N's head.

Y/N moved his sword, the Dragon Slayer and blocked all of Ryuko swings, then he countered with a nasty and powerful side swing.

Ryuko just barely managed to move her blade to block Y/N's attack, because of the pure force that Y/N has put into his swing however, Ryuko spilled some blood mixed with saliva, and she was blown away for quite some distance.

Even though Y/N didn't show it in any words or his expression, he felt a little bad as he witnessed Ryuko crashing down onto the ground.