sixteen

title; loyalty

The cool air from the other side of the car window pressed against Margo's cheek as they pulled up in front of a huge white-walled hotel. It was one of the biggest, she'd thought, that she'd ever seen. That thought would be proved right or wrong later- when she asked a member of the staff the square footage of the buildings. Growing up in the little town of Forks, big fancy hotels weren't normal for her.

Margo remembered one time her father had taken them to Disney World, a makeup for missing Christmas. If her father told the story, which he had, Margo single-handedly ruined the trip. Being a little kid wasn't easy for Margo. She was different, and no one knew why. Her father got angry, because she wasn't "normal" too him, and instead of taking her to doctors and moving the ends of the earth to make sure she was okay and healthy, he just yelled. Most kids would have jumped at the chance to go to Disney world, but it was loud, she was made to sleep in a bed that she wasn't used to, every single inch of the park filled from top to bottom with people she didn't know. It was too much for her. She cried for three whole days and they left early, her father making passive comments and yelling every time she spoke.

Margo turned her head towards Bella, her position much like Margos. Her head turned to the car window, from what she could tell, a glum look on her face. Much like the look Margo had on her face.

The girl on the other side of the backseat felt an ache in her body. She didn't really know what it was, she couldn't pinpoint it. It was somewhere in the group of feelings that revolves around Edward. The same kinda feeling she felt when she waited for Edward to come to pick her up, or to call her to let her know she got home safe. While Edward had told her, that really, nothing could kill him from her world, and though she was short, skinny and not likely to be confrontational, she felt like she could save him if they were together, like nothing bad could happen while they were in close proximity to one another.

Margo didn't often think in "what ifs" or "maybe I could" because truthfully, she felt we'd never really know the answers to those, but when it came to Edward, her rules and philosophies went out the window. She hated it, the feeling of everything changing just by looking at him.

Getting out of the car, the two girls walked behind the couple, neither of them saying a word while they got checked into the hotel. It was nice inside, sure, but Margo just really wanted to go home. Don't get Margo wrong, she understood the choice she made, and she continuously stood by it; but that doesn't mean she didn't want to close her eyes and wish everything was the way it was a week ago. She thought that what scared her more was the fact that everything might never be the same again.

Walking into the hotel room, the smell of learning products and slightly old carpet hit Margo's nose as she set her bag down on the floor of the bedroom. It was nice, a painting on the wall, a couch by the window, big beds, but it wasn't cozy, it was dimly light and cold feeling, at least to Margo anyway.

They sat down on the couch, Margo next to Jasper who was next to Alice, with Bella sitting on an ottoman, nothing but silence encompassing the room; which was making Margo's stomach hurt. A sudden gasp from Alice made the brown-haired girl jump, causing both her and Bella to look over at her, Jasper already with his arm around her shoulder and one hand on her knee, all three of them scared to hear what she had to say.

"What is it? What did you see?"He asked, sounding as if he'd asked that question a hundred million times by now. Margo liked to think about how long all the couples had been together, excluding her and Bella. She liked the idea that maybe, just maybe, she had a future with him- but she hadn't yet thought about what that looked like.

"The tracker" Alice gulped, for what Margo could only explain as dramatic effect. "He just changed course". Her words making Bella stand up while Margo just looked confused.

"Where? Where do they take him Alice?"Jasper asked, grabbing a hotel note pad and bed that was left placed on the coffee table in front of them.

"Mirrors" She said, her eyes darting back and forth as she searches her brain for more information to give the boy.

"A room full of mirrors" Margo watched as Alice began sketching out the room she was seeing, her eyes never looking down to the paper.

"Kian said the visions weren't always certain" Bella said, her eyes flipping between the page Alice was drawing on and Jasper.

"She sees the course people are on while they are on it, if they change their minds, the vision changes" He explained, the Cullen himself watching the love of his life draw. Margo was the only one who stayed quiet, trying to soak in all of this information.

"Okay, so the course the trackers on now is gonna lead him to, to a ballet studio?"Bella asked, seeming less confused than anyone else in the room.

"You've been here?"Alice asked, both Jasper and Alice looking up at her.

"I took lessons as a kid. The school I went to had an arch just like that" She confessed, at this point even making Margo look up at her.

"Was the school here in Pheonix?" The mention of the state made Margo remember she had needed to cross it off her lists of states to visit; though she was noted she'd want to come back with Edward at some point because this isn't really how she wanted to view the state.

"Yeah" Bella nodded, everyone stopping in their places as Margo's phone went off, it was Edward. Margo could have sworn her heart started beating a million times a minute, though she wasn't quite sure why.

"Margo, are you okay?"He asked as soon as she answered the phone. There were so many different tones in his voice that Margo was having a hard time picking just one to try and figure out.

"Im fine, are you?"She asked. Margo knew fine wasn't the world Edward would want to hear, as one night they said sat and made a list of words for different feelings she felt depending on her body. Like: Stomach upset means anxious. Feeling low energy or no motivation means sad. Breaking it down like this had really helped her feel like she'd understood emotions on a better level. Fine meant she was so out of sorts that she couldn't even evaluate how her body was feeling.

"We lost the tracker" He said told her, margo was guessing that disappointment was hidden within those four words.

"Rosalie is going to forks to protect your brother, and Esme Bella's father.

"Im coming to get you, then you and I will figure out something together. Don't leave the room okay?"

"I promise"Margo spoke, her words being the last before she ended the connection and hung up the phone.

---

HELLO
oh my god its been so long, I've missed this like crazy.
I am now a college student and using my big girl brain(lol)
Hoping to be able to update more often, because(let me make myself perfectly clear) Margo's story is far from over.
If any of y'all are big Harry Potter fans, I've put out my first Draco book so go give that a look!
I love y'all, this book is at 171,000k reads and I'm crying in the club.
-L

Published/Edited: 02/14/2021