two; two

-Title; changes of mind-

Margo had cleaned herself up after her shower. The warm water, which was never too hot, had really helped her, the strong weight that had been placed on her chest had subsided, making her feel like she could take a full deep breath in again.

Margo felt as if she had left a job half-finished, and that wasn't okay to her. Actually, it really upset her. As she paced back and forth in her room, looking at the outfit for Bella's party that she had picked out when she picked out her weekend outfits, she decided it wasn't fair to make the Cullens decorate by themselves when she told them she would help, and it wasn't nice to not attend a friends birthday party. Her rationale was the fact that while they were using the word 'party', it would only be her, the Cullens, and Bella, none of which overly scared her. Not when Edward told her she could hold his hand anytime, if anything the entire time. So, she put her dress on. It was yellow, with small white flowers. It went past her knees, which Margo felt was appropriate for any occasion, and grabbed her car keys off her desk.

Right after she got her license, she used all of the tutoring money she had earned from the centre in the high school and bought herself a used yellow bug. Her brother and Edward had gone with her to check them out, Margo was very smart at many things, but she'd never thought to really do much research on cars, but obviously, she bought the "Ultimate guide to your 1995 bug". With only 37,000 miles on the odometer, Edward and Owen together looked over the car and decided it was a safe and stable car for her to drive.

Edward would never forget the happy look on her face as she signed all of the paperwork. This day was the first day he didn't need any kind of vampire tricks to figure out or understand her feelings. When he picked her up that morning, exactly at 7:45 am as the bank opened at 8 for Margo to get her cheque, and then the dealership opened at 9:00 am, which after the bank, which Margo had decided it shouldn't take any longer than 15 minutes, giving them 35 for breakfast.

As soon as her feet hit the first step, Owen's head had whipped around at 90 miles an hour to watch her walk down to try and assess her mood and where her emotions were after her shower. Though, to his surprise, she was in a dress with eyeliner on.

"Where ya going, Margo?"He asked, his head tilted with a small smile on his face. For the first time in Margo's short life, he had never seen her bounce back so fast, typically after Margo gets overwhelmed it could take a day or two for her to fully bounce back.

"Bella's birthday party, I would be upset if a friend of mine did not come to my party after saying they would be in attendance. It is rude, and I try really hard to be the best person I can be"Margo explained as she put on her white converse.

Own would hate to admit it, but he had seen some big improvements in Margo since she began to date Edward. But it wasn't in the way most would think. It's not that he has some magical effect on her, it's not because she has a partner, or that Margo just isn't good at being independent. Edward had helped margo improve because their relationship made her ask more questions, had allowed her to try fully look at someone else's views. He was happy with the two of them, and whether he really liked it or not, Edward and the Cullen clan were becoming family. Owen used to worry about what would happen if something ever happened to him, ending his life much too soon, and what would happen to margo. He used to have nightmares about Margo living with their father, who used to be Margo's only choice if she was under 19, but now he knew. He knew the Cullens would look after her and protect her if there was ever a day he couldn't.

"I'll be home by 10" Margo said, stating their agreed-upon time after she began dating Edward.

"You'll be at the Cullens?"Owen asked, standing up and walking closer to her after she swung her leather backpack purse over her shoulders.