Chapter 2: Gone

1 year ago

1 year ago...

I pull her phone out of my pocket and it has been spammed with notifications from her family. Ugh, why do people care for her so much? I scroll through her notifications and I see that she has a whole bunch of voicemails. I click on them and I listen.

'It's getting late, you said you'd be home this afternoon. Where are you?'

'You didn't come home tonight, baby. I love you. Did I do something wrong?'

'It has been two days. Why haven't you come home?'

Why does she have so many people that love her? She has him. Why did he have to choose her?

6 months later...

'Honey, I don't know what happened to you, but I am going to make sure that you are found and brought back home. Others may have given up, but I know that you wouldn't just leave. Come home to our my and our baby girl. I love you.'

Present day

Present day...

Quinn and I have been at the precinct trying to put together something with the little information that we have. William had called and said that our Jane Doe isn't in the right mental capacity to be taking visitors right now, even if it is us. They are talking about committing her to a psych ward, especially after her last outburst. None of us want that because if she is it anything that happens to her is out of our control and the likelihood of us finding her family is slim to none.

"Brunt, Morrison, anything new?" Our captain asks walking into our office.

"No Captain," Quinn says focused on her computer.

"Well, what do we know?" He asks looking at the flat lay board we have set up along the wall.

"She is an unidentified 28-year-old female, who collapsed inside of Royal Hope Hospital on March 10th. She had bruising on her legs and a laceration on her ankle. She is malnourished and dehydrated. They believe the loss of her long term memory was caused by a brain injury from a hit to the back of the head. Also that any memories from the incident are being repressed from the body protecting itself from more emotional trauma. She also has given birth in the last year. The only information that we have on the baby is that the child was taken from her immediately after birth," I explain, pointing to different things and flipping through my notepad every once and a while.