Chapter 10: Clouds

"Did you know that I was Lauren's roommate in college?" I ask Quinn

"Did you know that I was Lauren's roommate in college?" I ask Quinn. She shakes her head no. Hmm, she is a quiet one.

"She's a fun person to be around, but she tends to have clouded judgment. She was telling me that she wasn't the happiest with Hunter. So, I don't think anything happened to her, but that's just my opinion," I say leaning back into the couch. The only way that I can get the detectives off this case is by making it seem like Lauren is lying. It is time for the storm to start.

It all starts with clouds.

I talked to Juniper for a while, but something was off about her

I talked to Juniper for a while, but something was off about her. She kept telling me that Lauren wasn't happy with Hunter, but we have seen otherwise. Why would either one of them lie? Something happened to Lauren. That we know, but could it have started as her running away? Possibly, but I don't think that is the case. The way they act around each other may be nauseating, but it is clear that they loved each other so much. Plus, she wouldn't leave her daughter.

The bigger question is, why is Juniper Southwark sending us astray?

I can't believe I have my daughter back. I thought that we had lost her forever, but they found her. Hunter brought us to her and I couldn't be more grateful. I remember the day that Hunter had called us and asked if we had seen Lauren.

1 year ago...

Getting home from work, I didn't expect a phone call that would change my life. Life is great. Lauren and Hunter are expecting their first child in about 2 months and Blair is about to finish 3rd grade. Before I know, Blair will be graduating high school, that is how I know that I am getting old. Jax is picking up Blair from a friend's house on his way home from work. I had run upstairs to the bedroom to change quickly, and I left my phone in the kitchen. Just as I finished putting pajamas on, I hear my ringtone. Rushing down the stairs, nearly tripping, I made my way into the kitchen and picked up the phone, only after seeing Hunter's name on the screen.

"Hello?" I ask answering the call.

"Hey, Ivy." He sounds... off?

"Is everything okay?" I ask concerned.

"Uh, I really don't know. Would you mind if I came over for a little while? I would probably bring the rest of the family too." Okay, this is getting weird.

"No, go ahead. You can come over whenever. You are family." We say our goodbyes and hang up. I open the fridge and I pour myself a glass of tea. I hear the door open and close and Blair comes running in and wraps her arms around my legs.

"Hi, mommy," she says.

"Hi, sweetie. Why don't you go and work on your homework while I talk with Daddy." I lean down to give her a kiss on the head and she runs off. Jaxton comes walking in and gives me a peck on the lips.

"I heard you wanted to talk to daddy," he says smirking. I smack his arm.

"This is not the time to be a perv. Hunter called. He said that he needs to talk to us and he is bringing the rest of the family," I explain.

"Okay." Really, that's his response.

"Are you not in the least bit concerned. I haven't talked to Lauren in almost a week and now Hunter calls us asking to talk."

"Well, you didn't tell me that." Before he can respond, the doorbell rings. I walk over to the door and I open and Hunter, Harper, and Axel walk in. Hmm, where's Hadley and Juniper. But more importantly, where is Lauren"

"Can I assume that Damon is at a friend's house?" I ask, closing the door. They nod.

"Is Blair here? If she is, she may not want to be around when I tell you guys," Hunter says. He looks like he is on the verge of tears. I walk over to Blair in the other room and I ask her to go to her room and play for a little while.

"Okay, what's going on and where is my daughter?" I ask. Hunter stares at me for a second and then I see a tear roll down his face. He wipes it quickly and takes a deep breath.

"Umm, I don't know how to say this, but I have no idea where Lauren is. She was supposed to come home a week ago, but she didn't." Tears flow freely from his eyes.

"Were you arguing?" Harper asks. I can't even find the words to express how I am feeling. Tears sit on the brim of my eyes and I am desperate to keep them from falling. I feel the warmth against my hand and I look down and I see Jax gripping my hand. Wetness hits my skin and tears fall from my eyes.

"No, we weren't. Everything was fine. I already filed a missing person report with the police, but they think that she just ran away, but it doesn't make sense. She is gone and I have no idea where she is at." A cloud of silence falls over us and Hunter continues to cry. Where is his sister? Where is Lauren's best friend? Why aren't they here?

But, Lauren is gone.

Where are you?

The rain hits against the window and it fills the emptiness the surrounds us. This is only the beginning of a long storm.