Chapter 9: A Storm

Have you ever wanted to punch a wall? No, well, I guess that it is just me

Have you ever wanted to punch a wall? No, well, I guess that it is just me. It has been almost two months since Lauren appeared out of nowhere and we still have no idea where she came from. We tried to pull street came footage from around the hotel, but she either blends in or she really came out of nowhere. She knows who she is, but she doesn't remember anything else.

"Anything new?" A voice asks. I look up from my laptop and see Quinn standing there with our lunch.

"What do you think?" I reply, taking my lunch from her. She rolls her eyes and walks over to her desk.

"I think that we don't have any answers and that is because we were too soft on her. She isn't telling us anything. We need to push her," Quinn says taking a sip from her drink.

"You heard what Captain told you. That is dangerous to her mental health."

"But that was then. She is better now."

"From what we heard, yes, but she is still trying to cope with the fact that she was missing for a year and that she has no idea what happened to her."

"That is because she repressed those memories. The only way that she is going to get them back is to put her mind back in that place."

"That isn't entirely true. You aren't thinking of this is a psychological way. You just want answers, and I do too, but you aren't going it about it the right way. There is so much that we don't know about why our brain is the way it is. Memories are a big part of that. It is a big debate over whether repressed memories are even real. I think in this case, yes, they are. She may not remember anything or she may remember it all, but it is all going to be up to her. Yes, putting her back in that state of consciousness that she was in during that year would help get her memories back, but it could also set her back so far that there is no way that she would recover. I think that her dreams are her memories because that is how she remembers that she had a daughter. Just give it time." I grab my laptop and lunch. I walk out of the room leaving Quinn to her thoughts. I don't understand what her problem is. I get that we want answers, I really do, but I want to protect Lauren. She doesn't deserve to be interrogated like a suspect just to get her memories back. I find another empty office in the precinct and I walk in. I need to be alone right now. Quinn is getting on my nerves.

Let's hope she doesn't do something stupid.

After I had finished lunch, I grabbed my car keys and put the address to the house that Lauren is staying at with her husband and daughter

After I had finished lunch, I grabbed my car keys and put the address to the house that Lauren is staying at with her husband and daughter. I don't understand what Jamie's problem is. We need answers and she has them. I pull up at the house and I walk up and knock on the door. As soon as the door opens, a strike of thunder rings through the air. Shit, a storm is on its way.

"Hello?" A voice asks opening the door. Hmm, who the hell is this? Did I go to the wrong house?

"I'm looking for Lauren and Hunter Westbay," I answer.

	"Oh, they aren't here right now, but I can't let them know you stopped by

"Oh, they aren't here right now, but I can't let them know you stopped by. I'm Juniper Southwark, Lauren's best friend," I say reaching my hand out and she shakes it. Just say that I'm Lauren's best friend makes me want to vomit.

"I'm Quinn Morrison. I'm one the detective on your friend's case." My eyes widen but quickly shift down to see her handing her business card to me. I take it from her and I invite her inside. She places herself on the couch and I move next to her. I am so happy that they took the devil's seed with them because I would have killed that baby if they left her with me.

I should probably explain some things. Let's just say Lauren Ashley Westbay doesn't deserve anything that she has. When I first met her, I thought that she was going to be an amazing friend and roommate, but that until I found out that she had met Hunter and they started dating. Hunter and I were going to be high school sweethearts but a week before graduation, he told me that he didn't love me anymore. He told me that we had become routine and that our relationship had become boring. Can you say heartbroken? We were going to college together, so I thought that I would have the time to show him that I can be fun, but no. He decided to date my roommate. I have pretended that I have been fine with them together for years. Then they told me that they were pregnant, that was my breaking point. What was so different about her? She is the reason why Hunter isn't mine. So, what was the best option? Take her out of the equation. That is how we ended up here because I have a house in London. I was an international student in high school. I have no idea how Lauren ended up in the hospital 2 months ago, but I have my suspicions. Let's just say that she is going to pay. This is what I get for not doing this alone.

Anyways, back to the situation at hand. I didn't expect to have one of the detectives show up at the door. I could use this to my advantage, right?

This is only the beginning of the storm that is brewing.